Voicemail

Smokey

:unsure:Hello,

I have my pbxnsip completely configured however, I cannot seem to get calls to go to voice mail if the phone is not answered. I have every item selected in the software. I have reviewed evry item in the forum and tried each. My phone will just ring and voice mail will not pick up. I am using a Linksys SPA942, Grandstream BudgeTone - 100, and Polycom IP 330.

When I move the phones over to trixbox, Asterisk, FreePBX voicemail works fine - So, I do not think it is the IP Phones. I also tried X-Lite works fine with the other products but not pbxnsip.

Again, I have every switch set for voicemail under settings, domains, accounts. I am using *97 with no overlaps.

Any thoughts?

Coridally,

Smokey

Hum! I did not check the phone since I have 4 T1's coming in running trixbox, Asterisk, FreePBX, and pbxnsip respectively with their own Grandstream BudgeTone - 100 and I do not have an outbound proxy in any of the BT - 100's.

Do I need to place some value in the outbound proxy on the BT - 100? I do not have anything in their right now since it is working fine on the other platforms as mentioned above?

Yes, *97 is fine. I see all of the calls in the log. The phone is ringing. I can make outgoing calls. I can receive incoming calls, It will just not go to voice mail. If I do not pick up the phone, it will ring 8 to 9 times then the phone just goes silent.

Keep in mind that this is only happening on the pbxnsip product validation test bench scenario.

Do I need to place some value in the outbound proxy on the BT - 100? I do not have anything in their right now since it is working fine on the other platforms as mentioned above?

It is better, DNS resolution is sometimes problematic on the phone.

Yes, *97 is fine. I see all of the calls in the log. The phone is ringing. I can make outgoing calls. I can receive incoming calls, It will just not go to voice mail. If I do not pick up the phone, it will ring 8 to 9 times then the phone just goes silent.

Are you using Linux? Did you install the audio files? Did you ever get IVR? Is the mailbox enabled?

Hum...What Audio files? I just logged on and I see that I have moh.wav selected under MoH. I am using the Windows platform with 12 days left on my demo license. I show that IVR is enabled - do I have to do anything else? Yes, all mailbox radio buttons are selected - unless I missed one somewhere.

I certainly have

Well, I am making a little progress. I can make calls internally between to K-Lite devices and get the pbxnsip voice mail with an email notice. However, when I use IP phones and call in from a PSTN the phone will ring but I am not going to the pbxnsip voicemail I am going to my VoIP/DID providor's voicemail system.

So, I believe I have something configured wrong perhaps on the Polycom 330 IP Phone. I am not sure since I do not have this problem with my other IP PBX platforms.

Will keep you posted if I solve this.

Carl

Ok. Great idea! I will get you a tcpdump after I get a reply back from Polycom and Call Centric. I am not quite sure it is a problem with pbxnsip. I think I am missing something externally. If iti is working internally with 2 X-Lite clients I believe I have your product out of the picture for now. I will get back with you later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your quick response.

Cordially,

Carl