Sheeva Experience

andrewgroup

We may soon decide to replace a number of CS410 appliances with Sheeva Plug computers. I am interested to know the experiences people are having, and what appliance they are running on.

There seems to be some confusioin in the marketplace regarding the plug hardware platform.

http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-22-sheevaplug-dev-kit-us.aspx

I would also hope that Snom has adopted a specific platform for testing purposes.

We have a very experienced Linux veteran ready to to assist us in creating a default package, but want to get off on the correct footing.....

All thoughts appreciate..

This time the root password will be no secret :rolleyes:. I think we are using debian this time.

# cat /etc/debian_version

So far the devices were very stable, even the heat was no problem. Because there is no gateway built-in, you will need something external. But luckily, there is plenty of choice for excellent quality and good price PSTN gateways.

What vendor and model # are you using as the test environment?

This time the root password will be no secret :rolleyes:. I think we are using debian this time.

# cat /etc/debian_version

So far the devices were very stable, even the heat was no problem. Because there is no gateway built-in, you will need something external. But luckily, there is plenty of choice for excellent quality and good price PSTN gateways.