Jump to content

Received calls not translating to address book names


DLS
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, we've just started migrating from Entanet to Voipfone, and it wasn't until I'd ported a number over that I realised I'm no longer getting the names of people calling, just their numbers. I suspect that Voipfone are sending through both a name and number in the SIP message, but don't know how to check this, and also don't know how to fix it if that is the case. Any ideas on what I can do?

 

Thanks,

Andrew

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I realised on re-reading my post that I wasn't particularly specific - when I dial in on an Entanet VOIP Enrich trunk from my mobile phone (which is in the domain address book), it comes up with my name as the person who is calling. When I dial in on the Voipfone trunk from my mobile, it shows the number only, not the name lookup from the address book.

 

I've enabled logging, and can't see any difference between the "From" field in the SIP messages, and it looks like it's coming across properly, but the number isn't found in the address book for the Voipfone trunk, where it is for the Entanet trunk.

 

Cheers

Andrew

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...