inbound call being redirected resulting in error

andrewgroup

A new ITSP we are working with says that one of two IP's negotiate the inbound invite and we are to be accepting the call on another IP.. We have the trunk set to accept redirects.. Running 2.1.5..

Cisco is the culprit - ignore this post for now

Can you post the full invite?

In the logging options for the domain, set it to log "other sip" messages.

Diagnosis is that Cisco BTS10200 has a know bug discovered in Sept 07, that a REFER statement causes. The ITS is pressing Cisco for a bug fix...

SIP/2.0 400 Bad Request

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 208.64.32.55:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-3d56a88e43d01aece3a4ff46ab9c56d1;rport

To: <sip:7302500@sip.allthingsit.com;user=phone>

Call-ID: 82869774@pbx

CSeq: 24410 INVITE

That is not even a RFC-compliant packet. Not even talking about RFC3581 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3581.txt, August 2003), which is not set to the actual port. The content-length is not set. :D

That is not even a RFC-compliant packet. Not even talking about RFC3581 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3581.txt, August 2003), which is not set to the actual port. The content-length is not set. :D

I know to little to challenge that statement, and I'm getting lost in all the packet captures. I do know they have Alworx, Asterisk and Hosted phones, Cisco IAD 2400's all on the switch and it's all SIP.

The ITSP has provided all of the IP information. They say while calls may come from on IP they'll hand off the media to another IP thus no traffic actually passed through the BTS10200 switch.

I have a barebones PBXnSIP on a public IP of the ITSP running WIN.

I know to little to challenge that statement, and I'm getting lost in all the packet captures. I do know they have Alworx, Asterisk and Hosted phones, Cisco IAD 2400's all on the switch and it's all SIP.

Well, the other thing is maybe the domain name in the from header. I can understand that they would not like "localhost", maybe you should rename the primary domain alias to something that they expect...