number for dial by name?

Kristan

Is it possible (or is there already) an IVR destination for dial by name? I have a customer for who the auto attendant doesn't quite fit and I can do everything they want via IVR nodes, except for dial by name.

As a bodge, I've had to take out all the aa wavs they don't want to hear, so when the IVR node calls the auto attendant, it simply says "for dial by name, press 118". However as they've already selected dial by name from the IVR menu, it' a bit redundant and they would like a way to get into it without having to dial again.

ta

Oh you mean, a number so that you get directly to the dial by name? Interesting thought... I think at the moment there is always some DTMF interaction neccessary.

Yeah, that's the idea, it would just mean I can basically build a complete auto attendant with IVR nodes and regular expressions exactly as the customer wants. BTW, the regular expressions seem a bit broken - the example on the wiki page for the IVR node matching 3 numbers doesn't seem to work!

Yeah, that's the idea, it would just mean I can basically build a complete auto attendant with IVR nodes and regular expressions exactly as the customer wants.

Okay, 2.1.6 will jump directly to the dial by name mode when the "Input that triggers name search" is set to "start".

BTW, the regular expressions seem a bit broken - the example on the wiki page for the IVR node matching 3 numbers doesn't seem to work!

Okay, has been changed...