Snom One....Block Diagram?

AG1

OK, I am currently working on my first installation using Snom products. I believe I have most of the initial set up using the local host pretty much in hand but I am having a problem visualizing the entire set up/network

Is there a block diagram of sorts as to how all this goes together?

Right now the way I am looking at this, the trunk setup is all done with software in the Snom One, as well as the individual phone ext and customization.

The part I am having the most trouble with is on the internet side. If anyone knows or has time could they shoot me a post about that? My understanding is you set up an account with a VoIP provider and then interface that with the Snom One or am I wrong on all of this?

Thanks in advance.

Yes the internet side is indeed the complicated part. Luckily many service providers today support registrations from behind NAT, so that you dot have to worry about that too much. It gets tricky when you want to register extensions from the public Internet and your PBX is still behind NAT. There is a good page on the wiki about that, see http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Server_Behind_NAT. It also includes a diagram wink.gif.

My understanding is you set up an account with a VoIP provider and then interface that with the Snom One or am I wrong on all of this?

Thanks in advance.

You are correct; and many VOIP providers, on their respective support sites, have configuration examples for snom ONE. You can also find examples on the snom ONE wiki: Certified ITSPs (this is not an exhaustive list.)

I think it's been mentioned in the forum several times in the past, that if you're working in a NAT environment, choose a VOIP provider w/good Session Border Control ("SBC").

In addition to VOIP trunks, you can also configure a PSTN gateway.