No busy signal

joshganga

I have 2 trunks set up with failover to the 2nd trunk. When a call is made, and the destination is busy, instead of hearing a busy tone, the failover is activated. In my case, the 2nd trunk is a PSTN through an SPA-2102, and I just get a dial tone.

If I was to dial the number again at that dial tone, I get the busy signal, confirming that snom one is not identifying the busy signal, or at least I don't have it set up correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

snom ONE does usually not deal with the tones that are coming from the RTP stream. If the other side plays a busy signal, then the PBX relays that tone to the other side. I believe that is okay and actually not the problem here.

But I suspect that there is something wrong with the setup of the SPA-2102. I would make a test dial plan that always dials through the SPA and see if that works properly.

I can dial through the SPA-2102 no problem, and without failover on the first trunk, I do get a busy signal. The problem arises when I have failover on the first trunk, and the destination is busy. In that case, snom one will still failover to the second trunk, and I don't get a busy tone.

How do I get snom one to halt the failover process if it detects a busy signal on the first trunk?