SNOM One and Lync presence doesn't change when on call

moh10ly

I have setup Snom ONE PBX and created a Lync user and registered that user to the Snom One. it registered fine and works well but for 10-15 minutes status changes when on call and then later on it doesn't change whenever this user is busy or on call.

My connection to Lync FE server is internal and I have no firewall or anything of this kind in between the SNOM ONE server and Lync. The Snom One continue to do this frequently, registers works, call works... the only issue is with status/presence doesn't change when this user is on call.

Any suggestion?

The only thing that comes to my mind is looking at the SIP trace. Are the PUBLISH/SERVICE messages exchanged properly with Lync? Does the PBX receive 200 OK on the messages?

Hi, the first time I call it works fine and the presence changes but after approximately 8 minutes it stops working and I see lots of errors in Lync Sip trace logger.

However if I restart the PBX from the web browser, and re-register users again and try to call everything works normally.

I'm attaching sip stack snapshots.

Thanks

post-26150-0-11861900-1359730179_thumb.jpg

post-26150-0-35084900-1359730191_thumb.png

At first glance, it looks like we are hitting this problem: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd923737(v=office.12).aspx but the question is why is the endpoint not registered. The PBX should keep the registration actually alive. If would be interesting to see the 200 Ok on the registration, if it contains any information how long the registration is valid and if the PBX needs to take some special MS action.

At first glance, it looks like we are hitting this problem: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd923737(v=office.12).aspx but the question is why is the endpoint not registered. The PBX should keep the registration actually alive. If would be interesting to see the 200 Ok on the registration, if it contains any information how long the registration is valid and if the PBX needs to take some special MS action.

Could this be related to incompatibility ? We are using SnomOne PBX with Lync 2013, however we have 2010 but haven't tested it yet. I will test it and let you konw. if the test passes .i'll take sip traces and post it back.

Thanks

As far as I can tell we only tested with Lync 2010. Rumor has it that Lync 2013 includes XMPP, which would be a much easier way to publish the presence state.

That's true, I have federation with Gmail through the built-in XMPP gateway within the front end. but how would that work in case of SnomOne PBX? is there any instructions on that? Or you mean it automatically would work without issues if it has the XMPP gateway ?

That's true, I have federation with Gmail through the built-in XMPP gateway within the front end. but how would that work in case of SnomOne PBX? is there any instructions on that? Or you mean it automatically would work without issues if it has the XMPP gateway ?

No this was more interesting for the snom ONE roadmap--in the long run, it will be enough to support only XMPP and there is not more need to do tricky interoperability with Lync.