Snom Vision Park Keys

metwest

The snom Vision is a very special device. Unfortunately the communication between the Vision and the phone is using CSTA. I would not have any idea on how to get button functionality implemented over CSTA. I am afraid that the Vision software cannot be used as extension board with the current firmware.

That is a huge shame. Hardware wise it is excellent piece of kit let down by its software.

I understand it's out of your guys hands, but the lack of a fully functioning dss console with auto prov on the snom one software is going to be a limitation in some cases when trying to sell a Snom One over a key system. Especially when the 720 is as good as it gets in terms of function/dss keys.

If Snom releases a console for the 7 series or a major software update for the vision, I hope they consider the snom one software and work with you guys on it.

Thanks for the reply. Will give the customer the bad news

I agree with you. It is a shame because CSTA is a lot more difficult that just hacking a snom-internal protocol that tunnels the behavior of the keys on the phone itself into the vision. In the 3xx series that worked very well and it would be great if that would also work with the Vision.

• 3 weeks later...

RESOLVED: Anyone wanting to do this, the trick is to assign the park keys as buttons to the extensions profile first. Then in the vision make the keys Button keys.

Example for an 870 -

Make a custom button profile for the 870 adding buttons 16,17,18,19 with Park Orbit 66 67 68 69

Assign custom profile to the 870 account that the Vision is paired with.

On the vision make the keys you wish to assign the park keys to BUTTON keys and assign the Buttons ( 16,17,18,19 )

The park keys will now not only park calls but retrieve calls on park as well.

I would not have any idea on how to get button functionality implemented over CSTA. I am afraid that the Vision software cannot be used as extension board with the current firmware.

My method posted above seems to work with most button functions I have tried. Looks like the vision is not as useless as I first thought :-)