System Backup = No Domain Address Book

metwest

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is a bug or not but doing a system config backup and loading it into a new system does NOT appear to bring across the domain address book.

So i am guessing either its not backed up in the config file or there is a problem when reloading the config file back in.

This means if the client has a hardware failure and did not have a csv backup of there address book they would need to manually re-enter all there entries or create a csv.

Learnt this the hard way today, and with cell fields not working yet in csv, manually entering 50+ cell numbers is painful =(

Is this the backup of the whole system? Or just a domain?

As for the whole system, this function should be really limited to environments where you have no file system access (e.g. snom ONE mini). Especially when the backup gets large, making a backup becomes a significant burden for the PBX.

Whole system from a remote backup. We learnt the hard way that it does cause a lot of strain on the system as we traced it to the cause of 870 handsets locking up and sometimes squeeling after a system backup.

But it is needed as the programming in these systems is extremely complex as it is 8 x snom systems connected across 8 sites. I do it remotely at night after major changes occur to a system. I then reset system after backup to make sure the system is good.

• 4 weeks later...