Backup pbxnsip installs

SGJ Solutions

There are two things that need to be done. First, you need to need to periodically copy the file system from the active to the standby host, ideally using a differential copy. The second thing is to switch from standby to active. When this happens the standby service needs to be started. I guess we need to come up with a shell script that does this.

Did anyone check out http://www.linux-ha.org/GettingStartedWithHeartbeat? I think that does solve the problem for Linux-based installations.

In 30+ years from the IBM 360's, NetFrame Servers, the growth of RAID, clusters, etc.. I've never seen a system that is truely redundant that has has no single point of failure somewhere. Keeping it simple reduces the failure points to a mimimum allow you to have a easy to plug in disaster backup plan. The MTBF of devices is a function of rhe number of devices and the fewer the better. NVR ram in appliances as in CS410 and the future of bootable OS's on motherboards is going to shrink this stuff further.. Less is Better.