Trunk DID configuration with Hunt Group

Martyn

Hi,

I am in the process of working out configuration of implementing DID's on a customer deployment with my own company PBX which is SnomONE v4.5.0.1090 Epsilon Geminids (Win64)using Snom 300's and 320's. The customer is using the same ipPBX software and phones.

I have the following dial plan configured which picks up the last digit of a range of 5 DID's (0-4) and sends this to a Alias (1-4 against configured internal extension numbers (100-104). The DID's are in the format xxxx xxx xx90 - xxxx xxx xx94 i.e the last DID digit of 1 maps to Extension 101 etc. The DID with the last digit of '0' is for the hunt group telephone number (the main company telephone number).

Dial Plan 9 is !([0-9]{1}$)!\1!t!500 - The Dial Plan is configured in the relevent Trunk 'Send to Extension'

The issue is that when the hunt group extension is configured (the customer uses a hunt group 500 which has 3 stages, each stage ringing different phones in different order for differing periods of time) the call to the hunt group number works for the 1st attempt (it rings 2 phones as it is initially configured to do) but then subsequent DID calls do not ring the relevent phone extention unless the 500 is moved.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Regards

Martyn

My recommendation is to always set the country code in the domain settings. That way, the PBX can re-format the numbers into always the same format. For example, 2121234567 and 12121234567 and +12121234567 are the same if the PBX knows that this number must be read in the US number context (country code 1). That makes it easier to match numbers, for example for hunt group alias names.

In 5.0.10 we have introduced a drop-down for the settings that you are looking at. ERE are powerful, but not very easy to understand. In 5.0.10 the PBX would internally generate the pattern !([0-9]{10})$!\\1!500! to match the last 10 digits of the number. Then you can just assign the DID as the alias to the account number. For example, "400 2121111190" would mean that the account has the number 400 (which would be the primary number) and 2121111190.

• 2 weeks later...

My recommendation is to always set the country code in the domain settings. That way, the PBX can re-format the numbers into always the same format. For example, 2121234567 and 12121234567 and +12121234567 are the same if the PBX knows that this number must be read in the US number context (country code 1). That makes it easier to match numbers, for example for hunt group alias names.

In 5.0.10 we have introduced a drop-down for the settings that you are looking at. ERE are powerful, but not very easy to understand. In 5.0.10 the PBX would internally generate the pattern !([0-9]{10})$!\\1!500! to match the last 10 digits of the number. Then you can just assign the DID as the alias to the account number. For example, "400 2121111190" would mean that the account has the number 400 (which would be the primary number) and 2121111190.

Hi,

I must admit I'm really disappointed with the upgrade costs and pricing of the V5 PBX software, so much so, we're actively looking at other options. Also the support on this forum for pre v5 seems to recommend one thing... upgrade to V5. What happened to the support for customers who purchased v4, made a significant investment and now cannot get the answers they require?

Anyway, stepping off my soapbox, the solution to my issue was very ease to resolve. I changed the firewall software on the PC which acts as the ipPBX and it all works correctly now.

Martyn