Quick provisioning question

Kristan

I need to give a particular phone a specific config, different to all the rest. I've got custom polycom_phone.xml and polycom_sip.xml files in my html folder, and the phone requests the file polycom_sip_MAC.cfg from the PBX. I've tried dropping this file in the html folder, the PBX still seems to generate it's own.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's something simple, I just can't remember.

ta

Yeah, it didn't seem to pick it up, just used the default again.

The URL being requested is via HTTP and is

/provisioning/polycom_sip_mac.cfg

whch in pnp.xml is mapped to polycom_sip.xml.

Is there a way I can put an exclusion in the regular expression so that it won't match for a particular mac address?

Okay, the PBX does it for following way.

Chapter A: TFTP

1. When using TFTP, the PBX first checks if the requested file is available in the tftp directory. It it exists, then it sends it out.

2. If the file matches a regular expression in the pnp.xml file, it will send the file referenced in the pnp.xml file from the html directory.

Chapter B: HTTP

1. If the requested file is starting with "tftp", then the PBX checks if that file exists and it that is the case it sends it. This is similar like step A.1, but the filename must contain "tftp".

2. If the requested file is starting with "provisioning", then the PBX takes the rest of the filename and matches it against the regular expressions in the pnp.xml file. If there is a match, it will send the file referenced in the pnp.xml file from the html directory - just like in A.2 for tftp.

And apart from that I would put the files that the phone downloads directly into the tftp directory. According to the above procedure that should send the neccessary information directly to the phone.

I tried that, but according to the above rules because the file the phone requests has a "provisioning" in the title, it tries to match it in the pnp.xml file (which it does) and sends the standard config.

I can't really do it manually as there's a million and one options you can't set on the polycoms via anything other than the tftp/http files (and typically the one I want is one of these).