HQ plus remote CS410a

andrewgroup

Keeping CS410's with stock ext 40 through 49 and having 4 remote CS410...

A simple dial plan allowing HQ to call remote CS410's and accessing the main AA #70 or to specify the extension would be better.

We created SIP gateways pointing domain to the FQDN of the remote CS410

Created a Dial PLAN do dial the first remote office

^50([0-9]{2}) this is in the pattern match designed to allow HQ users to dial a 2 digit remote office and the 2 digit extension

replacement is \1 (this should be the 2 digit that was dialed within the parens..

Assign this a dial plan value lower than our 7 digit or 10 digit trunk and this should go.. (did I miss something?)

Well, first of all, set the log level to 9 and then you see what ERE the system is generating from the dial plan. That makes things usually much easier.

When doing ERE, please remember that the pbx must match a string like user@domain, not just the user part. That means a ERE like "50([0-9]{2})" is not complete, you need something like "50([0-9]{2})@.*". Using 50xx might be a problem because then you will reference the whole match in the replacement. If you can use 50* (variable length) then things are simple.

Well, first of all, set the log level to 9 and then you see what ERE the system is generating from the dial plan. That makes things usually much easier.

When doing ERE, please remember that the pbx must match a string like user@domain, not just the user part. That means a ERE like "50([0-9]{2})" is not complete, you need something like "50([0-9]{2})@.*". Using 50xx might be a problem because then you will reference the whole match in the replacement. If you can use 50* (variable length) then things are simple.

Does an easier way exist to do this not using ERE? if not then the following may apply.

using 50* would be problematic as local calls easily begin with 50.

Reading other posts indicate this might be best ^50([0-9]{2})@.* and the replacement would be \1@.city1.domain.com. (is this correct?)

Q. (Does doing this require an ALIAS on the Domain on the remote cs410 of city1.domain.com?) or should we stick with only using IP addresses? yuck.

The goal is to dial a 2 digit city number and an extension. We could get away with a 2 digit city and simply place a call to the Main Autoattendent on the remote CS410 and let the caller enter the extension (simpler) Then the seach pattern becomes 50, 51, 52, 53 etc, and the replacement is a simple call to the remote CS410 main autoattendent...

to see a 4 digit number beginning from the left beginning with 50. Since we'll have numerous remote offices we need a way from HQ to call the indvidual offices. All identically equipped with a near stock config of a CS410. Ext 40 through 49.

thinking this through, We have FQDN A-Record sip.HQdomain.com with a DNS-SRV record defining UDP as the transport. Each remote location has a sub domain A-record city1.domain.com, city2.domain.com the CS410's need to have trunk-sip gateways defined to HQDOMAIN.COM and the CS410's will find it via the DNS-SRV, While the HQ will need trunk-sip gateways defined using A-record only lookup for CITY1.DOMAIN.COM Since the Internal 410's are using TLS and the HQ is using UDP will this create problems. HQ is running 2.1.5xxxx

The remote CS410's need a simple Dial plan as easy as 8XXX or complicating it the ^8([0-9]{3})@.* then the replacement would be \1

I'm a fan of simpler is better, could you offer some insight into this?

The problem with 80xx is that it would put the whole xxxx number into the replacement.

\1@.city1.domain.com seems to be buggy, there is a dot after the @ that seems to be incorrect to me.

If you have only one domain on a PBX (which is good!) then I would always use the name localhost, at least in the alias list of names.

The problem with 80xx is that it would put the whole xxxx number into the replacement.

\1@.city1.domain.com seems to be buggy, there is a dot after the @ that seems to be incorrect to me.

If you have only one domain on a PBX (which is good!) then I would always use the name localhost, at least in the alias list of names.

Typo on the replacement...should be \1@city1.domain.com

If the HQ has sip trunks to the subdomain pbx's city1.domain.com we need tp specify the A record lookup in the trunk.... and we'll specify UDP

The remote PBX's will use a sip trunk to DOMAIN.COM and the DNS-SRV record will direct and specify UDP

Only 1 domain on the remote CS410's should we have a matching alias of city1.domain.com. What are the drawbacks and the benefits?

LikeWise the HQ PBX has a A-record for sip.domain.com plus the DNS-SRV record.... Should the Alias on this single domain match the A-Record or simply be DOMAIN.COM?

I'm looking for the the higher goal of doing it right, as opposed to doing enough to make it work. I'f found in the end the Go-BACK and do it over costs more than time, money and reputation.