Recording calls

towns

I am trying to record all incoming and outgoing calls to a certain extension. I am trouble figuring out how to do this. I also would like to know where the recorded calls are stored and how to have the recorded calls sent to a specific email address.

Thanks

How much ram is available in a CS410? if not much then how would you go about setting up a SIP/URI recording of a call to a SERVER version of PBXnSIP in HQ to act as the recording device?

Or can you email, or FTP the recordings to another location?

I have a windows version of this software running version 2.1.6.2442 (win32) and under domain, settings I'm given this option:

Recording default for this domain:

Record incoming calls from hunt group: YesNo

Record incoming calls from agent group: YesNo

Record incoming calls from extension: YesNo

Record outgoing calls to internal numbers: YesNo

Record outgoing calls to external numbers: YesNo

I was able to record a call and find it in the directory.

I also have another pbx running version 2.1.6.2448 (linux) I cannot find the same options on this pbx.

The RAM is not the problem here. Recordings are written to the file system. The 410 has 256 MB (minus a few MB for itself), which could keep a couple of hours.

You can also use a sip URI to offload the recording to an external SIP-compliant recording system.

If you want to do serious recording, IMHO you must use a PC. The embedded system is not good in storing large amounts of data and it is not easy to pull the data off the box.

The RAM is not the problem here. Recordings are written to the file system. The 410 has 256 MB (minus a few MB for itself), which could keep a couple of hours.

You can also use a sip URI to offload the recording to an external SIP-compliant recording system.

If you want to do serious recording, IMHO you must use a PC. The embedded system is not good in storing large amounts of data and it is not easy to pull the data off the box.

I am looking for the settings in the web interface of the cs410 that will allow me to set what calls I would like to record. I have a windows version of this software and, I am able to navigate to the page that allows me to choose what type of calls I want to record. I am unable to find these options in the cs410 linux version. Am I just in the wrong spot or does this version not offer the same options for recording calls?

I am looking for the settings in the web interface of the cs410 that will allow me to set what calls I would like to record. I have a windows version of this software and, I am able to navigate to the page that allows me to choose what type of calls I want to record. I am unable to find these options in the cs410 linux version. Am I just in the wrong spot or does this version not offer the same options for recording calls?

Well the default license for the CS410 does not include recording - we simply suspect this will cause a lot of issues with people turning recording on and then one month later boom! the PBX dies and they ship the device back for repair.