SNOMONE Running on a few cores?

JTEL

This question is difficult to answer. Compare it with the question "how many emails can I send with my email program". While both questions are important to make hardware purchase decisions, they depend on a lot of factors. For emails it is easy to understand that the number of recipients, the email size, encryption, white-list checking, archiving requirements have significant impact on the performance. For office PBX, the situation is similar:

• Are phone calls are being recorded? That cost a lot of performance.
  • Does the PBX need to perform transcoding? That also cost a lot of performance, depending on the codec it can be dramatic
  • Are phone calls being encoded with SRTP? That also costs performance.
  • Is there hardware acceleration for network packet processing? That's the case for practically all new servers, but embedded systems often don't have that.
  • How many call setups are to be expected. For example, if there are lots of hunt group call attempts, that has an adverse effect on system performance.
  • Is any other traffic on the PBX? For example, when provisioning firmware for phones, those files can be very large and put an additional load on the server.

Also, the number of registrations play a role. We 5.1.3 will change the internal database, which should lead to a day/night performance improvement in that area, especially when there are more than 500 extensions on a system.

We 5.1.3 will change the internal database, which should lead to a day/night performance improvement in that area, especially when there are more than 500 extensions on a system.

So the pbx wont be using xml for its database anymore? What kind of database will it be using?

I totally understand what you are saying, that it all depends on what is being loaded onto the server at once. But, i am asking as when you ask a an expert about freeswitch, they would say a number of about 400 concurrent calls on a 8 gb quad core server.

SO, what would be the number of call that a server can handle today, with SNOMONE, on a quad core 8 gb server, that lets say only does calls only.

I don't think 400 calls will be possible with snom ONE; I would say 300 would be a possible number. However as snom ONE always tries to negotiate SRTP I would say in the real world, 200 will be the limit. But what you can do is run several PBX on the same host, and bind each PBX to one core (leave one core for the OS) and to one IP address: So then you can have realistically 600 calls on a quad core system -_- and still run services on port 5060/5061.