PolyCom 430 not booting...

Aaron

Hello all, I have a PolyCom Soundpoint IP 430 phone and somehow or other the boot config got jumbled up (upon rebooting it no longer works). The phone will display "Updating Initial configuration" for quite some time and then display the error "Error loading 0004f215db82.cfg" and restart then do it all over again. I can't seem to find a way to reset anything back to defaults and am stuck at this point. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated! :)

I had never set tftp up to begin with. Though, I did try that and it still didn't work. We are not currently auto-provisioning these phones, I've just manually inputted the PBX IP and inputted my extension & password and it has been working fine. I went to check something in the settings and don't even recall making changes, though, when I rebooted it, it now does what's listed above.

Guest kevin

I had a similar problem with my polycom 550 and the only way I got it to work was to put all the polycom firmware files in the pbxnsip tftp directory and it finally took. I also put the mac address in the my extension so it would do plug and play on the extension. It took a lot of reboots to get it to stick. It happened when I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2.

Quick reply; at the end of my lunch and not much time let to explain. I downloaded the IP/SIP 2.2.2 software and the BootROM 4.0 fromhere and placed them in a folder on my c:\ drive (vista) called "provision". Next, i downloaded the Filezilla server from http://sourceforge.net (can't get direct link atm, sorry!) and created a new user and pointed it to that folder. I manually pointed the phone to the server address (static IP) of my computer's IP address and manually edited what parts of the .cfg files i knew how to configure. The phone downloaded the bootrom and the sip.ld file and booted up perfectly (twice).

P.S. I changed my 000000000~.cfg file to the MAC address of my phone (.cfg) and in the logs it showed it pulled from that file. This worked great for me, seemingly, hopefully this will help others as well!

I have no idea, lol. I would probably throw the link to some of those files in parenthesis where you're showing the directory listing so people have an idea of where they should go to find them. Otherwise, if there's something from what we've discussed that you wish to include, obviously, just throw it in there. You're the admin. :P