Jump to content

SIP registration Trunk in Version 2.1.6.2450


Juan Manuel Acevedo
 Share

Recommended Posts

STUN works only in < 80 % of the cases, leaving the remaining > 20 % as a support nightmare. We gave up troubleshooting all kinds of one-way audio problems and explicity removed the support for STUN-allocated identities. Our life and the life of our customers became much easier after that. And we saved a lot of money buying all these different DSL and cable routers to find out what the problem was with this and that installation.

 

Pulver must get a session border controller. That is what practically all SIP service providers are doing.

 

Or they should start supporting IPv6 addresses (no more NAT the way it was done in IPv4). If you don't have a routable address, don't expect that someone calls you :P . At least not in a reliable way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

STUN works only in < 80 % of the cases, leaving the remaining > 20 % as a support nightmare. We gave up troubleshooting all kinds of one-way audio problems and explicity removed the support for STUN-allocated identities. Our life and the life of our customers became much easier after that. And we saved a lot of money buying all these different DSL and cable routers to find out what the problem was with this and that installation.

 

Pulver must get a session border controller. That is what practically all SIP service providers are doing.

 

Or they should start supporting IPv6 addresses (no more NAT the way it was done in IPv4). If you don't have a routable address, don't expect that someone calls you :P . At least not in a reliable way.

 

 

Thanks for your answer, but how can I do that Pulver get a session border controller?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...