Extension Monitoring RFC4662 No Longer Working

glpms

Hmm. Then whatever was done on the server it should still work. I guess you did already restart the phone so that if fetches the latest configuration? I assume you used the button profile on the PBX.

The problem with the RFC (as many other RFC) is that most phone vendors just have one subscription per BLF key. That list subscription might be more elegant, but that is not how standards and their acceptance works.

We would like it to work as before using "Watch the calls of the following extensions" so that we can utilize the "Calls" Screen of the snom370 and snom820.

Using a snom820 / 8.2.35

<phone-settings><user_event_list_subscription idx="1" perm="">on</user_event_list_subscription>
<user_event_list_uri idx="1" perm="">123@my.pbx.com</user_event_list_uri>
<callpickup_dialoginfo perm="">on</callpickup_dialoginfo>
</phone-settings>

Also tried:

<phone-settings><user_event_list_subscription idx="1" perm="">on</user_event_list_subscription>
<user_event_list_uri idx="1" perm="">123@my.pbx.com</user_event_list_uri>
<goto_monitor_state_on_line_activity perm="">on</goto_monitor_state_on_line_activity>
</phone-settings>

Oh okay, looks like that is the issue. The setting is actually from the times when the PBX had no button support as we know it today. The upgrade does not automatically migrate that old setting into a button profile.

I am not sure if the phone support for that list will also be like that forever. The support for dialog-based is today as far as I can tell #1; other vendors show the list as you know it from the old snom firmware based on that information.

The event list subscription was very useful for an in-house BLF app for use with Snom phones that do not have enough buttons to monitor extensions. Is there any way of getting the PBX to send it?

Also,

Watch the calls of the following extensions (* for all):

Seems useless now, right?

I never get alerts when monitoring specific extensions.

Ok I took a look at what is going on inside. The setting is not used any more. Time to take it out from the web interface.

As far as I can tell we changed the behavior because it caused problems with Polycom phones and there is a simple replacement with one subscription per button. We reduced the refresh speed of the subscription to a level that is not a problem from a traffic point of view, that is why the list did not make any sense any more. I also don't believe that it is long-term maintained any more by snom or any other vendor.