IVR FAQ

Alexis Cervantes

hello, i made this post to help all the stratters(like me) to understand how the IVR work on PBXNSIP

unfortunately i only have the questions now, but someday maybe this post can help all the users

so here we go

How does SOAP interact with the call?

How does the flow of the call work in a IVR?

What kind of instructions can i send to the call from the IVR?..i.e. like playwav, transfer,holdcall, that kind of functions

How do i send this instructions?

Can a IVR generate a call, and if it can how i do it?

Can a IVR record wav files?..i.e making a IVR to record the wav file and then send it to a user via email

thanx in advance :D

p.s if other users have this kind of questions feel free to post here to make them more easy to find :o

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi!

We have made some research about SOAP interaction with IVR Nodes:

Editing the IVR Node properties you can specify a SOAP URL. The IVR Node will send SOAP notifications to this URL and you will be able to control the redirection of the call using sending the appropiate SOAP response. For more information about this topic go to:

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Linking_..._to_an_IVR_Node

The most interesting fact about SOAP interaction is that you can capture the data input by the caller using an external application and use it for your purposes.

But, since these SOAP messages issued by pbxnsip have no WSDL (or we haven't found them yet), programmers can have problems accessing these services. We recommend using a simple Servlet to capture and respond to the SOAP messages issued by pbxnsip (if you are a java programmer), or using the HttpWebRequest object or sockets if you are a .NET programmer.

Hi!

We have made some research about SOAP interaction with IVR Nodes:

Editing the IVR Node properties you can specify a SOAP URL. The IVR Node will send SOAP notifications to this URL and you will be able to control the redirection of the call using sending the appropiate SOAP response. For more information about this topic go to:

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Linking_..._to_an_IVR_Node

The most interesting fact about SOAP interaction is that you can capture the data input by the caller using an external application and use it for your purposes.

But, since these SOAP messages issued by pbxnsip have no WSDL (or we haven't found them yet), programmers can have problems accessing these services. We recommend using a simple Servlet to capture and respond to the SOAP messages issued by pbxnsip (if you are a java programmer), or using the HttpWebRequest object or sockets if you are a .NET programmer.

Even though PBX generates SOAP messages, we do not have WSDL. WSDL is needed only if we have a "Web Service" that lets you discover the service and perform different operations on the PBX.