Polycom IP 4000 & PbxnSip 1.5.1.6 Compatibility Issues?

DarkKnight

Hey,

I've got a Polycom Soundstation IP 4000 (the triangular conferencing phone) running Application version 2.2.0.0047 being used with pbxnsip version 1.5.1.6 .

The problem I'm coming across is on calls that are inbound or outbound, local-land-line, long-distance-land-line, or cell, after 4-5 minutes (but sometimes longer), the call on the other end with this Polycom 4000 will be overwhelmed by static that grows gradually to be so loud that the static becomes louder than the normal audio, and the call becomes unusable after that point. The issue is not constant, but does not occur on other Polycom 501 phones I'm using (using Application version 1.6.5 or 1.6.7) on the same domain on that 1.5.1.6 pbxnsip box. It's not as if the normal audio is cut out or lost or otherwise garbled or dropped, it's that the static just becomes louder than the audio of the conversation.

Is this a potential compatibility issue between a Polycom Soundstation IP 4000 Application version 2.2.0.0047 being used with pbxnsip version 1.5.1.6 or is there something else going on?

Thanks!

DK

When I hear "static" the first thing that comes to my mind is SRTP trouble. Is there a crypro heder in the SDP? If you can still hear the real audio it is not SRTP.

The PBX itself is "pure digital" and does not introduce noise into the RTP stream. Does it make a difference what you are calling? Maybe there is a audio loop if you are talking to something in the room or in the office.

When I hear "static" the first thing that comes to my mind is SRTP trouble. Is there a crypro heder in the SDP? If you can still hear the real audio it is not SRTP.

The PBX itself is "pure digital" and does not introduce noise into the RTP stream. Does it make a difference what you are calling? Maybe there is a audio loop if you are talking to something in the room or in the office.

It does not follow any pattern; it has happened on cell phones, land lines, phones with hard-wired handsets, speakerphones, cordless phones, anything, from as best I can tell.

It does not follow any pattern; it has happened on cell phones, land lines, phones with hard-wired handsets, speakerphones, cordless phones, anything, from as best I can tell.

Hmm. Maybe you can call the mailbox or some other IVR which has "digital" audio quality (e.g. the conference room without anyone in it). If the problem persists, then maybe there is some parameter on the conference phone wrong? Maybe the echo of the room generates a loop or something like that.