sip trunk on lan between appliances

russelln

I was wanting to set up a trunk on my Lan using private IP's from a cs410 through a switch to another cs410, with out going onto the Wan, is this possible?

Only if you register the trunk to the other PBX. Then from the PBX on public IP's perspective, that registration is just a regular extension.

Only if you register the trunk to the other PBX. Then from the PBX on public IP's perspective, that registration is just a regular extension.

So then, I would just creat a trunk on one appliance and register it to like the auto attendent or extension of the other and vice versa?

I have tried several ideas and keep gettng 500 Address Resolution Failed ^_^

thanks

russell

hi,

I dont have a public side for these units, just analog phone lines...I have a white unit and a black unit, white unit is not running the same version as the black unit, I was wanting to experiment with some dialing plans and trunk set ups, by being able to call between the units...can the 2 units find each other on the private lan side without a domain server or dns record lookup?

by the errors i have been getting,404,408,500 it looks like they cannot... ^_^

thanks

Oh you mean you want to use analog as "trunk"? B) Back to the roots? Then that should just be a matter of the dial plan!

maybe I did not make myself clear..there is no public side..not using fxo, not using wan at all..

so to call from cs410 to cs410, I can do that with the dial plan?

so if I have phone A registered to the first cs 410 that is on my lan and then on the same lan with phone B registered to the second cs 410, and the appliances and phones are sharing the same switch..and router

then Phone A can call Phone B by just using the dial plan? I need a hint..^_^

thanks

Russell

maybe I did not make myself clear..there is no public side..not using fxo, not using wan at all..

so to call from cs410 to cs410, I can do that with the dial plan?

so if I have phone A registered to the first cs 410 that is on my lan and then on the same lan with phone B registered to the second cs 410, and the appliances and phones are sharing the same switch..and router

then Phone A can call Phone B by just using the dial plan? I need a hint..:)

thanks

Russell

Still wanting to know if this is possible..if not I will do something else. :(

Still wanting to know if this is possible..if not I will do something else. :)

This is what I would do.

Create a new Extension in System 1 called 555 (as an example)

Create a new SIP Registration Trunk in System 2

Create a new Auto Attendant in System 2 called 888 (as an example)

In System 2:

Register this new SIP Registration Trunk using the System 1 LAN IP Address as the Domain and Outbound Proxy.

Use 555 (as an example) as the account.

Set Send Call to: 888

Now from System 1 you can dial 555 and be connected to the new SIP Registration Trunk which automatically connects you to the new Auto Attendant 888 in System 2.

From there you can call any extension or make an outgoing call on any CO Lines in System 2.

To get the same ability from System 2 just replicate this plan in reverse.

You can substitue different numbers (555 888) to suite your numbering plan.

This is a simple plan. It could be made to be more elaborate with dial plans and managed extension numbers in each system

I have not personally tried this, but in theory it should work.

If not, let me know and I can dig a little deeper.

Bill H

This is what I would do.

Create a new Extension in System 1 called 555 (as an example)

Create a new SIP Registration Trunk in System 2

Create a new Auto Attendant in System 2 called 888 (as an example)

In System 2:

Register this new SIP Registration Trunk using the System 1 LAN IP Address as the Domain and Outbound Proxy.

Use 555 (as an example) as the account.

Set Send Call to: 888

Now from System 1 you can dial 555 and be connected to the new SIP Registration Trunk which automatically connects you to the new Auto Attendant 888 in System 2.

From there you can call any extension or make an outgoing call on any CO Lines in System 2.

To get the same ability from System 2 just replicate this plan in reverse.

You can substitue different numbers (555 888) to suite your numbering plan.

This is a simple plan. It could be made to be more elaborate with dial plans and managed extension numbers in each system

I have not personally tried this, but in theory it should work.

If not, let me know and I can dig a little deeper.

Bill H

hi,

well I tried it ...here is how it went,

made a new extension, gave it the ip of the other applaince, on the other appliance I created a new trunk, gave the trunk the domain of the other appliance and out bound proxy of the other unit also...using ip addresses..

this is what is weird, trunk shows registered on the older white unit but will not register on the black unit the other way...

call extension on unit extension is created in and get extension's voice mail,

so I tell white unit "tunk"to send call to the extension, dial extension, get the "extension is busy"...hmmm....

then I tell trunk to send call AA agian and the call connects, then I try an extension on the trunk unit and the call rings,

when I go back to extension unit a little latter and call again, I get extension voice mail...

and the process repeats itself...

guess I will do some logging to see what is happening....?

just to let you know it kinda works, but only one way so far....newer unit wont let me go other way so far..

all the best

russell :lol: