how to use alias number as outgoing ani?

atilla.gahbro

many of our users do not like the default vm greeting playing their 10 digit did number for their mailbox. so we setup their ext with the 10 digit d.i.d. in the alias and the four digit ext number as the prime ext number. this is fine until they make an outgoing call and the ani goes out as a four digit xxxx ani. i know we can block the ani and that users can record greetings to deal with the greeting issue in the first place but i do agree with users that in some cases the ext# as prime works better. so i need to know if their is anyway to make this happen?

many of our users do not like the default vm greeting playing their 10 digit did number for their mailbox. so we setup their ext with the 10 digit d.i.d. in the alias and the four digit ext number as the prime ext number. this is fine until they make an outgoing call and the ani goes out as a four digit xxxx ani. i know we can block the ani and that users can record greetings to deal with the greeting issue in the first place but i do agree with users that in some cases the ext# as prime works better. so i need to know if their is anyway to make this happen?

If the alias list contains a tel:alias, the PBX will use it as ANI for outbound calls. For example:

Primary: 4566

Alias: tel:2121234567

Try changing the RFC3325 mode on the trunk. Depending on the mode (gateway/register) and the presentation you may get different results.

was set to "no-indication"

tried it with all of the settings. all of them resulted in the alias as the ani except "remote-party-id"

will run it at p-asserted for a while to see how it goes

thanks

atilla