Help needed

Kristan

Hi All,

Could do with a bit of help getting faxes and T.38 working with sipura 3102's and PBXnSIP. Setup is :

Vegastream PRI -> PBXnSIP -> Sipura 3102 -> Analouge fax

Inbound faxes seem to work fine (I can't see anything T.38 related in the initial invite, but I assume it does an NSE or something afterwards). Outbound is where the problems are. The sipura can either do T.38 via NSE or a re-invite, both seem to follow the same course :

1. Initial invite, PBX sends call to the vega, everyone ACK's and OK's and the call begins.

2a. NSE mode, nothing else happens (RTP is flowing both directions) then about 30 seconds later the sipura sends a BYE and tears the call down.

2b. RE-INVITE mode, sipura detects fax, does a RE-INVITE with the T.38 bits on the INVITE and same thing happens, nothing for 30 seconds, BYE, call ends.

I've got full logs from the PBX and wireshark trace, I just want to see if anyone has this working? I suspect it's settings on the sipura I need to change somewhere, but the fax options look pretty straight forward and are all set as I'd expect them to be.

Help <_<

Do you see anything with UPDATE? That was a common problem with some devices that indicate they support it, but when you send UPDATE nothing happens.

Otherwise, Wireshark is most useful in these cases... Maybe you can send my a PM and we'll take a look at this.

Do you see anything with UPDATE? That was a common problem with some devices that indicate they support it, but when you send UPDATE nothing happens.

Otherwise, Wireshark is most useful in these cases... Maybe you can send my a PM and we'll take a look at this.

Hmmm, I don't see an updates from anywhere at all. I assume I should see this at the point the sipura detects the fax and should send an UPDATE to the PBX to change negotiate T.38?

Thanks for your help.

Hmmm, I don't see an updates from anywhere at all. I assume I should see this at the point the sipura detects the fax and should send an UPDATE to the PBX to change negotiate T.38?

No, it's just that the UPDATE implementation of most devices is actually broken and we had the same effect as you - until we turned the support of UPDATE off.

And yes, if the FXS detects FAX it should send a Re-INVITE with T.38 in it. If it does not then that is a sign that the T.38 is not enabled on the device.

No, it's just that the UPDATE implementation of most devices is actually broken and we had the same effect as you - until we turned the support of UPDATE off.

And yes, if the FXS detects FAX it should send a Re-INVITE with T.38 in it. If it does not then that is a sign that the T.38 is not enabled on the device.

Does PBXnSIP support NSE switching to T.38? I tried using both NSE and re-invite on the sipura but neither seemed to work. In re-invite mode I could see the sipura send the invite with the T.38 stuff, but even then it didn't work...

More investigation needed methinks, it's just a pain that the customer is miles away and isn't keen on us having remote access...

Does PBXnSIP support NSE switching to T.38? I tried using both NSE and re-invite on the sipura but neither seemed to work. In re-invite mode I could see the sipura send the invite with the T.38 stuff, but even then it didn't work...

Well, the PBX supports a "pass-through" through the PBX - that includes the SDP. If the Sipura sends a Re-INVITE, you should see another Re-INVITE going out on the other side of the call.

More investigation needed methinks, it's just a pain that the customer is miles away and isn't keen on us having remote access...

Understandable. Maybe you have the chance to reproduce it in the lab.