Night Flag

In topic http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=665 a long discussion occurred about a more flexible method for night mode.

Let me add that at 8:00am on this Saturday morning the owner of a business opened his business for service outside of the schedule in PBXnSIP and knocked on my home residence to have me turn on the phones. While another employee had these instructions, they were no where to be found.

I was half asleep when the door was knocked on the request floored me and made me realize the lack of being able to dynamically set a night service flag is $%^##@^% crazy.

Let's get this high on the feature list. (Please)

The builds for CS410 that are younger than one month have it. Documentation is still on 2.1.

Younger than 1 month? Simply download and upgrade the latest firmware, not just one that begins with 3.0...

Can you explain how the service flag now supports dynamically being changed?

Can the business owner call into the system remotely and flip the night flag and can the recieptionist dial the service flag or a special ext and flig the night flag so they can go home early?

Thanks

Can you explain how the service flag now supports dynamically being changed?

The PBX just accepts manual state changes also for automatic flags. Then when the automatic transition kicks in, it keeps the state if the desired state is already present.

In other words: If the secretary shows up early in the morning before the flag is actually active, she can dial the flag number and then the day mode is on already. Later when the automatic flag change would fire, the flag stays where it is.

Things are a little bit more complicated in the evening. If she decides to stay later, she has to wait until the flag goes to night mode, then dial the number to change it back to day mode. Before she goes home, she needs to set the flag to night mode manually again.

The PBX just accepts manual state changes also for automatic flags. Then when the automatic transition kicks in, it keeps the state if the desired state is already present.

In other words: If the secretary shows up early in the morning before the flag is actually active, she can dial the flag number and then the day mode is on already. Later when the automatic flag change would fire, the flag stays where it is.

Things are a little bit more complicated in the evening. If she decides to stay later, she has to wait until the flag goes to night mode, then dial the number to change it back to day mode. Before she goes home, she needs to set the flag to night mode manually again.

Is a Manual State Change accessing the WEB PAGE as the domain administrator?

Or is a Manual State Change dialing the FLAG and are restrictions placed on which extension can dial the flag?

The way I see it dialing the FLAG resets it, but not means other than WEB or SCHEDULE time to set the flag at this revision level?

Is a Manual State Change accessing the WEB PAGE as the domain administrator?

Or is a Manual State Change dialing the FLAG and are restrictions placed on which extension can dial the flag?

The way I see it dialing the FLAG resets it, but not means other than WEB or SCHEDULE time to set the flag at this revision level?

I was talking about dialling the flag. You can set the restrictions in the web interface.

Maybe just set up a flag with a 5-minute service duration and try things out...