"Ring" delay before AT picks up

I can't find (in PBX, Wiki and forum) how to set a delay before the AT picks up, now it directly answers but it causes things like somebody doesn't here the complete message.

So I want to hear the " ringing" tone for e.g. 5 sec before the AT picks up, where can I set this option?

I can't find (in PBX, Wiki and forum) how to set a delay before the AT picks up, now it directly answers but it causes things like somebody doesn't here the complete message.

So I want to hear the " ringing" tone for e.g. 5 sec before the AT picks up, where can I set this option?

AT the moment there is no such settings. IMHO it would not be a auto attendant setting, as the same problem also exists with all other types (e.g. mailbox, IVR node). And it also depends on who is calling, e.g. a call from an extension to the auto attendant might be very very fast while a call from a trunk might be very slow. Maybe it would be a trunk setting. OR maybe it even has to be a setting of the PSTN gateway?

From extensin to AT it goes fine, but from the trunk it cuts off a part of the wave file. It would be a nice feature to set a delay in trunk settings or AT settings.

I copied the "ringing" wav file to the AT's wave file 2 times, the first is now cut of and then you hear the 2nd and then the AT's wave file, the only thng now is that the caller can press 1, 2 etc while hearing the ringing sound.

• 6 months later...
Well, for time being call that a feature :rolleyes: ...

Yes - it would be nice to have an option for the Trunk setting like "Wait before answering (seconds)".

As a hack, one could leave an extra second of dead air on the auto-attendant's welcome message. I don't think many people call the auto-attendant from the inside so that extra pause wouldn't be a problem.

• 5 months later...
AT the moment there is no such settings. IMHO it would not be a auto attendant setting, as the same problem also exists with all other types (e.g. mailbox, IVR node). And it also depends on who is calling, e.g. a call from an extension to the auto attendant might be very very fast while a call from a trunk might be very slow. Maybe it would be a trunk setting. OR maybe it even has to be a setting of the PSTN gateway?

just wondering if that feature ever got adressed: getting one ring (my choice) before the auto attendant answers would be nice. I use the call in feature of pbxnsip with a berry dialer (for blackberry of course). This way I get an automatic gateway to place outbound calls (it dials my main number, then 1, then access code and adds # at the end of the number, all this in 2 seconds flat). But I cannot use this to call my own customers, as the aa picks up too quick and the berry dialer times out. It would also be more 'natural' in my opinion to hear one ring before aa picks up.