Cisco 79x1 Transfer

jlumby

I have found a problem with transfering calls in the newer style cisco phones (verified on 7941 7961 7970 and 7971). The problem starts out as they do not have a blind transfer button like the 7960s do. So as a result to transfer to an extension, you press transfer, talk to the person, and if they want to accept the call, then you press transfer again, and the call goes through to them. The problem arrises if you try to make it work like a blind transfer. The following is what happens:

Situation 1:

If you have the call, press transfer, dial the extension, and then once the extension starts to ring press the transfer button again the call will be transfered to the extension. However the following problems arrise. If the person is not at the extension, it will ring forever, and not go to voicemail, the caller that is being transfered does not hear a rinback tone, and the call does not fork to a cell phone.

Situation 2:

If you want to transfer the call directly to voicemail, if you press transfer dial 8 plus the extension number, and then transfer as soon as the greeting beginds to play, it hangs up in the person being transferred.

Let me know if I need to gather log files, or packet captures.

So far there was no need to have attended transfer into a mailbox. Are you sure those phones don't have blind transfer any more (check the more button)? I can't imagine Cisco took such a basic feature out.

Workaround would be to use the *77 transfer code, but that would make the phones really look extremly basic.

I am sure they took it out. I even found documentation confirming it on their web site. I have been using the * code for now, I would just like something a little better since the customers love the look, sound quality, and stability of the phones.

I am sure they took it out. I even found documentation confirming it on their web site. I have been using the * code for now, I would just like something a little better since the customers love the look, sound quality, and stability of the phones.

I tend to agree. Plus an attended transfer into a conference that has a PIN really makes sense. You can call an external party, then dial into the conference and perform the attended transfer into the conference.

I guess we have to put this on the feature list.