Control over how to present the digits to the SIP carrier

Carlos Montemayor

Hi,

I recently added a new SIP trunk supplier and I have not been able to present the digits as they need them in the INVITE. Having set the country code and area code in the Domain Settings, the PBX presents the digits to the carrier starting with the "+" sign and country code. I need the PBX not to do that. The way this carrier needs the digits is just plainly as the end users dial on the phones. No more, no less. I understand that on the Trunk level, there is a way to control how the digits are presented to the carrier and that is the parameter "Rewrite Global Numbers". In my case, the value that would seem logical or best bet for me would be: "For ROW (0 or 00 format)". I tried it but found that it had no effect on the digits on the INVITE. Just to be sure, I tried every other value there but none worked for me. Perhaps I need to set some other value at some other parameter in order to make this Rewrite Global Numbers to work for me. Is that so? At the moment, the only way for me to present the digits as I need them is to erase the country code and area code from the domain fields, however, doing that will make me loose all the other nice things like inter-domain calls and CDR standardization that I have come to love. So, is there something that I am missing somewhere?

Regards,

Difficult topic. We recently had a carrier that needed the numbers in +-Format in the From- and To-headers and in E164-Format in the P-Asserted-Identity :blink:. We have added some more representations in order to deal with such requirements. But the dialed number is always in some format. It is amazing how complicated the world makes the use of telephone numbers! I think we need to look into the details how the provider wants the numbers in which headers and then set up a trunk template accordingly.

That sounds very promising, however, in this particular case, I was able to adjust all the headers just as the supplier wanted them thanks to the ability of the pbx to allow for custom headers. Since they are not asking for any format on the dialed numbers, I imagine that we already have that option as well and I feel that it is I who do not know how to produce them. I suspected that either the option "Do not Rewrite Global Numbers or for ROW 0 and 00 would do the trick. I agree that once you start "cooking" something, the options can be endless, however, in this case, they do not want any cooking. Just raw as it comes from the store. I bet we already have that option. Don´t we?

Regards

Got it!

As I had suspected, the software did have what was needed to present things as the carrier wanted. It was just a matter of selecting and writing the right stuff at "Custom Headers" together with selecting the right choice in the Rewrite Global Numbers what did the trick

This is great!

Thanks!

Yes indeed. I have updated the ticket with that info. By the way, I saw that using the text version of the trunk settings produces the value "row" for the rewrite global numbers parameter. The one that I saw that worked, was "row (0 or 00 format)", the other possible choice, which was row (00 format), did not work.

Cheers!