Debian and Suse KDE Update

I cannot get pbxnsip to work using KDE on Suse or Debian only Gnome. In fact Debian will only allow me to use pbxnsip using root not a user account even if I allow the executable to be run with root privellages. I have tried everything known to man kind and have come up with the conclusion that Gnome under SUSE or Debian is the only way to go but be sure to be logged in as root. If someone else has a suggestion on how to get the program to run in user mode then please write back.

Sara.

I cannot get pbxnsip to work using KDE on Suse or Debian only Gnome. In fact Debian will only allow me to use pbxnsip using root not a user account even if I allow the executable to be run with root privellages. I have tried everything known to man kind and have come up with the conclusion that Gnome under SUSE or Debian is the only way to go but be sure to be logged in as root. If someone else has a suggestion on how to get the program to run in user mode then please write back.

We were thinking about an option so that after the PBX starts up it changes the account. That means after settings the priority and everything, the PBX would change the account to an user account, reducing the risk of malicious things and then start operation. Do you think that would help?

We were thinking about an option so that after the PBX starts up it changes the account. That means after settings the priority and everything, the PBX would change the account to an user account, reducing the risk of malicious things and then start operation. Do you think that would help?

That would be extremely useful as it is pretty easy to attack a system that has root privileges. I am assuming you would write code so that the pbxnsip.exe creates a user account say pbxnsip without a password which can be added at a later stage. Yes, that would be fantastic.

Sara.