Looping Hunt Group

dups

I am a newbie to pbxnsip, so please point me in the right direction if I have posted in the incorrect location: I have a client that requires calls coming into their main switchboard number to ring on the Receptionist desk for 20 seconds, then on the office administrators desk for 10 seconds and then to loop back to reception, then to office admin again etc. They are adamant that they do not want an option of voice mail during business hours as there is “no situation that would arise that cause the phone not to be answered”. I have tried to create a hunt group that has the two stages required and a final stage that calls itself again but have not been able to get it to work. Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to go about this one.

In the evenings they would like the call to go to a message that informs the caller that the office is closed and that then requests that they press a digit to leave a message (in a shared mail box) and hangs up if they do not press the required digit. I guess that in this case the night number would be a second auto attendant or an IVR triggered by appropriate service flag?

I am a newbie to pbxnsip, so please point me in the right direction if I have posted in the incorrect location: I have a client that requires calls coming into their main switchboard number to ring on the Receptionist desk for 20 seconds, then on the office administrators desk for 10 seconds and then to loop back to reception, then to office admin again etc. They are adamant that they do not want an option of voice mail during business hours as there is "no situation that would arise that cause the phone not to be answered". I have tried to create a hunt group that has the two stages required and a final stage that calls itself again but have not been able to get it to work. Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to go about this one.

In the evenings they would like the call to go to a message that informs the caller that the office is closed and that then requests that they press a digit to leave a message (in a shared mail box) and hangs up if they do not press the required digit. I guess that in this case the night number would be a second auto attendant or an IVR triggered by appropriate service flag?

I would solve that problem by setting a very long timeout (like 999 seconds) on stage 3. There you can list all extensions that should ring "forever".

Looping is not a good idea (though it should be possible!), the PBX has a hard time detecting and fighting such loops. Imagine that all extensions are not registered, and then the stage duration is very short (like 0 seconds), and then such a loop will be an "endless" loop. After a reboot, typically all extensions are not registered for a few seconds, and then if a call comes in you have an endless loop.

The night mode should be straight-forward. Don't forget to put a 8 in front of the mailbox number, so that it does not ring the extension first.