Remote Extension SNOM M3 advice

rdevrede

We are using PBXnSIP with SNOM 370 and 300's in the office. Working nice.

On my notebook I installed X-Lite with my extension information. Working like a charm. Really good.

So I thought it was time to buy a SNOM M3 to replace my softphone with a real one so we can in the future place the hardphones at the locations of the homeworkers.

Till now I don't get it manage to working. I entered the SAME (see attached picture) information I entered in X-lite in the SNOM M3 and it's not working. The server is at the moment with a direct connection and no firewall, to be sure it's not a firewall issue.

What is extra necessary in the settings for the M3 to have an external extension working?

Thanks in advance,

Ramond de Vrede

post-485-1214750283_thumb.jpg

We are using PBXnSIP with SNOM 370 and 300's in the office. Working nice.

On my notebook I installed X-Lite with my extension information. Working like a charm. Really good.

So I thought it was time to buy a SNOM M3 to replace my softphone with a real one so we can in the future place the hardphones at the locations of the homeworkers.

Till now I don't get it manage to working. I entered the SAME (see attached picture) information I entered in X-lite in the SNOM M3 and it's not working. The server is at the moment with a direct connection and no firewall, to be sure it's not a firewall issue.

What is extra necessary in the settings for the M3 to have an external extension working?

Thanks in advance,

Ramond de Vrede

I don't know what happened, but it works. If the problems comes again I will debug the logfiles. At the moment it's fine. You can close this topic.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that the server is "local", because the PBX does not want that the SIP phone tries to get a routable IP address (through STUN or other more-or-less buggy methods).