Enter Name for blocked number from auto attendant

rdevrede

An extension has the setting when a 'blocked' (unknown callerid) number calls he/she has to speak her name.

This does not work when the Unknown callers comes from an Auto Attendant to the extension. How do I need to handle this it will work?

To give more information : Auto Attendant picks up the external number, than transfer to extension.

Thanks in advance,

Ramond

Additional info to complete the current situation.

From Auto Attendant to Hunt Group and from Hunt Group to Extension.

I have entered Hunt Group 'From-Header' to 'Group-Name (Calling Party)' otherwise the user don't know how to pick up the call.

When the call is '9xx TEST (Unknown)' the caller doesn't have to enter his/her name before it arrives to the extension. This is what I want to accomplish. That the Unknown callers need to say their name before tranferring to extension.

Thanks in advance!

Ramond

From Auto Attendant to Hunt Group and from Hunt Group to Extension.

I have entered Hunt Group 'From-Header' to 'Group-Name (Calling Party)' otherwise the user don't know how to pick up the call.

When the call is '9xx TEST (Unknown)' the caller doesn't have to enter his/her name before it arrives to the extension. This is what I want to accomplish. That the Unknown callers need to say their name before tranferring to extension.

Having this feature on a hunt group is more difficult than for a single call. It simply does not exist. So far we never thought about it... Usually the hunt group is used for a central number and there (so far) it is not common to ask for the name. But you are right, as more and more automatic machines are war-dialling cheap lines these days, it is becoming a more important feature.

• 4 weeks later...
Having this feature on a hunt group is more difficult than for a single call. It simply does not exist. So far we never thought about it... Usually the hunt group is used for a central number and there (so far) it is not common to ask for the name. But you are right, as more and more automatic machines are war-dialling cheap lines these days, it is becoming a more important feature.

Please consider it to implement it as a future feature. I would appreciate it.