direct line

hans1970

i have a direct line connected to the pbxnsip

how can i do the follwing scenario

i just want a particular user to access this line

Line = trunk? So you want that only a specific user can use this trunk for outbound calls? Then you must create a dial plan specifically for that user and route the outbound calls over that trunk.

Line = trunk? So you want that only a specific user can use this trunk for outbound calls? Then you must create a dial plan specifically for that user and route the outbound calls over that trunk.

hi to be more specific

i want to give my general manager a direct line

meaning only he can access thatparticular line and also he shoulde be able to access any other line in the cs410 device

i want to give my general manager a direct line

meaning only he can access thatparticular line and also he shoulde be able to access any other line in the cs410 device

Make sure that you assign the real DID numbers in the PSTN gateway settings of the CS410. Then you can do inbound call routing as described in http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Inbound_Calls_on_Trunk. That part is easy...

Outgoing calls are a little more complicated. You can include the parameter "line" in the destination, then the cs410 FXO gateway will use only that line (for example, "line=3" means line 3). This way you can assign a dial plan to the executive that will send all calls to a specific line. Making sure that the other users do not use that line is a little bit more difficult. You would have to have three different dial plan entries and use the failover feature to find the first free line.