Bogus Emails

MichaelW

Last week emails started going out to my employees that make no sense. For instance one user received 22 emails saying she has a missed call from ext 341 we do not have an ext 341 it does not exsist as a hunt group, Call Queue nothing. That happened to a few other users also, btw the phonne never rang. Then users such as myself get emails as missed calls from ext that do exsist but the call never came through and the user never made the call.

Another user keeps getting multiple call trace reports, he was in a meeting not at his desk for 3 hours and received 15 in about 20 minutes. I restarted the server this weekend and this morning all was well, however, they are starting again. Any clue where to look? What to look at? How to stop these?

Thanks!

Michael

Last week emails started going out to my employees that make no sense. For instance one user received 22 emails saying she has a missed call from ext 341 we do not have an ext 341 it does not exsist as a hunt group, Call Queue nothing. That happened to a few other users also, btw the phonne never rang. Then users such as myself get emails as missed calls from ext that do exsist but the call never came through and the user never made the call.

Another user keeps getting multiple call trace reports, he was in a meeting not at his desk for 3 hours and received 15 in about 20 minutes. I restarted the server this weekend and this morning all was well, however, they are starting again. Any clue where to look? What to look at? How to stop these?

The email from 341 does not neccessarily have to come from an extension. If there is a number configured on the PSTN gateway, the PBX would take that number.

Check the date stamp, maybe those emails were sitting in the spool directory for a long time and suddenly they are set free.

Restarting the server will not help. Check the spool directory if there is some nonsense. Maybe the PBX has the permission to write into the spool directory, but has no right to delete there? That would definitevely explain a lot of bogus emails...

The email from 341 does not neccessarily have to come from an extension. If there is a number configured on the PSTN gateway, the PBX would take that number.

Check the date stamp, maybe those emails were sitting in the spool directory for a long time and suddenly they are set free.

Restarting the server will not help. Check the spool directory if there is some nonsense. Maybe the PBX has the permission to write into the spool directory, but has no right to delete there? That would definitevely explain a lot of bogus emails...

We found the issue - Speak to Andy Yip for the answer to this one.

Thanks..