pid file

olecoot

I have several installations of PBXnSIP running on a RH derived flavor of Linux. I use the startup script that is listed in the documentation of the WIKI for all of them.

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Installing_in_Linux

The init script mentions the pid file as "pidfile: /var/run/pbxctrl.pid" however, the pid is not created (or I have failed to find it). Is this file supposed to be created at statup of the pbxnsip service? I would like to use it for monitoring purposes. As always, thanks in advance.

The init script mentions the pid file as "pidfile: /var/run/pbxctrl.pid" however, the pid is not created (or I have failed to find it). Is this file supposed to be created at statup of the pbxnsip service? I would like to use it for monitoring purposes. As always, thanks in advance.

3.0 will include an option --pidfile <fn> where the PBX will write the PID of the PBX process (not in Windows).

• 3 weeks later...
3.0 will include an option --pidfile <fn> where the PBX will write the PID of the PBX process (not in Windows).

We added the following line to the init.d script to create the pid:

lsof -t -c pbxctrl > /var/run/pbxctrl.pid

This will suffice until release 3.0

Thanks