DND not turning off

mabbott

I have been experiencing an intermittent problem with DND not turning off using snom's with 7.1.33. It seems like the phone is dialing the *79 to deactivate it because I see the call appearance light up when I press that key and the DND icon goes away on the phone goes away, but the pbx doesn't turn it off. I can't be 100% sure that the pbx is getting the *79 invite because by the time it is noticed that DND is still enabled, there have been several calls and it has been pushed out of the logs. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

I have been experiencing an intermittent problem with DND not turning off using snom's with 7.1.33. It seems like the phone is dialing the *79 to deactivate it because I see the call appearance light up when I press that key and the DND icon goes away on the phone goes away, but the pbx doesn't turn it off. I can't be 100% sure that the pbx is getting the *79 invite because by the time it is noticed that DND is still enabled, there have been several calls and it has been pushed out of the logs. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Yes, the whole DND cloud is a "pain in the neck" problem.

Therefore, we introduces a couple of things in 3.0:

• At midnight the PBX may reset DND on all extensions
  • The buttons may now have a name "dnd" (snom phones) which are synchronized with the state of the PBX. This works with the defeult configuration of the PBX.

The problem remains if users turn DND on locally on the phone. If that is the case, the PBX has no chance to fix the problem.

I saw that with 7.1.33 the DND function key can be set up to use the buttons package with PBXNSIP. If using it in this way does it show the DND icon on the display to show the status from the pbx instead of showing the light next to a standard function key?

I saw that with 7.1.33 the DND function key can be set up to use the buttons package with PBXNSIP. If using it in this way does it show the DND icon on the display to show the status from the pbx instead of showing the light next to a standard function key?

Exactly. The "LED" is in the screen and looks like a DND symbol.

That doesn't seem to be what is happening.

It is getting the message to turn on button 13, but the symbol isn't appearing. Button 13 on the pbx is a DND and I changed the function key for DND to a button type instead of key event and put in 13.

Anything else I need to set to make it appear?

That doesn't seem to be what is happening.

It is getting the message to turn on button 13, but the symbol isn't appearing. Button 13 on the pbx is a DND and I changed the function key for DND to a button type instead of key event and put in 13.

Anything else I need to set to make it appear?

Don't call the button "13", better call it "dnd".

That feature requires version 7.1.33 on snom.

• 2 months later...
Don't call the button "13", better call it "dnd".

That feature requires version 7.1.33 on snom.

I have a client with this same issue! he is setup with pnp with a snom 360...when he hits the DND button on his phone it changes the status on the pbx to do not disturb but when he turns it off it does not turn it of on the cs410.

what can i do to rectify this?

pls advise asap

I have a client with this same issue! he is setup with pnp with a snom 360...when he hits the DND button on his phone it changes the status on the pbx to do not disturb but when he turns it off it does not turn it of on the cs410.

what can i do to rectify this?

pls advise asap

Can you please verify the PBX log file to see whether PBX is receiving *78 and *79 codes during the DND ON and OFF operations? Alternatively, you can also verify it in the SIP trace of the snom 360