users of seperate domain leave message and wrong mailbox

rdevrede

Hi there.

If a user of domain1 calls someone of domain2 and leaves a message the voicemail arrives at the extension of domain1.

900@domain1.com calls to 902@domain2.com

He chooses to leave a message.

The message did not arrive at 902@domain2.com, instead it arrived on 902@domain1.com. Which is absolutely not preferable.

How do I change this correctly? Has it to do with dialplan or something else?

Thanks in advance.

If a user of domain1 calls someone of domain2 and leaves a message the voicemail arrives at the extension of domain1.

900@domain1.com calls to 902@domain2.com

He chooses to leave a message.

The message did not arrive at 902@domain2.com, instead it arrived on 902@domain1.com. Which is absolutely not preferable.

How do I change this correctly? Has it to do with dialplan or something else?

If you are using multiple domains, you better stop using "localhost" for a real domain. "localhost" should be only used for a domain with nothing useful in it, maybe some global trunks.

And you need to consider using DNS for routing the calls. This will tremendously help you ro move to a server farm later, when the domains are physically located on different servers.

Then when this kind of stuff is straight, the domain identification becomes also more understandable.

If you are using multiple domains, you better stop using "localhost" for a real domain. "localhost" should be only used for a domain with nothing useful in it, maybe some global trunks.

And you need to consider using DNS for routing the calls. This will tremendously help you ro move to a server farm later, when the domains are physically located on different servers.

Then when this kind of stuff is straight, the domain identification becomes also more understandable.

I don't use localhost at all, I used 2 different domainnames. Actually one .nl and one .com (different names).

I think I found the solution in : From/To header switching when calling other domain : $d: $n

It's working fine now.