Receiving fax via auto attendant?

rdevrede

I read some things about receiving fax via auto attendant but the wiki states you have to use a pattern with f but I don't understand where I have to add it.

I want a normal trunk to be directed to an extension or auto attendant (what is necessary to make it work) so Zoiper can receive faxes.

It's NOT an option to have a PSTN fax there. They are mobile.

The perfect solution would be fax2email.

Can't I force the codec to be T.38 on an extension so Zoiper will answer the call as a fax instead of Ulaw? (which now happens whan an analog fax calls the faxnumber)

Thanks in advance.

I read some things about receiving fax via auto attendant but the wiki states you have to use a pattern with f but I don't understand where I have to add it.

I want a normal trunk to be directed to an extension or auto attendant (what is necessary to make it work) so Zoiper can receive faxes.

It's NOT an option to have a PSTN fax there. They are mobile.

The perfect solution would be fax2email.

Can't I force the codec to be T.38 on an extension so Zoiper will answer the call as a fax instead of Ulaw? (which now happens whan an analog fax calls the faxnumber)

Thanks in advance.

So you want the AA detect the CNG tone and then redirect the call to a specific FAX extension? Use the DTMF tone "F" for that (F is CNG in the PBX). It is like someone pushes the "F" key instead of e.g. "1".

So you want the AA detect the CNG tone and then redirect the call to a specific FAX extension? Use the DTMF tone "F" for that (F is CNG in the PBX). It is like someone pushes the "F" key instead of e.g. "1".

Where can I enter F or CNG in the AA so it will go automatically? Or need someone manually push F and forward it to the fax extension?

I would like that all calls received on that extension will be handles like a fax.

Than forwarded to an analog faxmachine or more preferable an extension with zoiper enabled. Zoiper can accept faxcalls and print it out.

More better should be a solution which e-mails all the faxes.

At the moment we are happy with the ability to receive faxes, doesn't matter which kind of solution.

Thanks in advance.

Where can I enter F or CNG in the AA so it will go automatically? Or need someone manually push F and forward it to the fax extension?

I would like that all calls received on that extension will be handles like a fax.

Than forwarded to an analog faxmachine or more preferable an extension with zoiper enabled. Zoiper can accept faxcalls and print it out.

More better should be a solution which e-mails all the faxes.

At the moment we are happy with the ability to receive faxes, doesn't matter which kind of solution.

Just enter the "F" (must be capital) into the "user input" of the direct destination of the AA and put the FAX extension number into the destination. If you register the analog FAX or a tool like Zoiper then you should be all set.

Just enter the "F" (must be capital) into the "user input" of the direct destination of the AA and put the FAX extension number into the destination. If you register the analog FAX or a tool like Zoiper then you should be all set.

I did that.

If I call the extension, Zoiper reacts.

If I call the aa, the aa tells me I'm in the aa.

When I call the number which is connected to this aa with a fax, the pbx tells me it's connected but I see nothing is happening.

On the fax I hear the handshaking of a fax. (I don't hear the aa speaking or so).

Maybe the CNG is different in NL than in USA?

If you hear that, you are pretty far. Maybe try to call the FAX directly (without the AA), there might be an issue that is not related to the CNG tone detection.

I can't call directly to Zoiper because than it's automatically using Ulaw (shows up in the screen of Zoiper).

We have a fax installed on a PSTN-line. That's working 100%.

The problem is that we have 6 phonenumbers that are fax-numbers. The are migrated also when migrated the normal voice-numbers to SIP.

In the SIP-trunk we now want this fax-numbers to be received by Zoiper or any other solution that will work.

What you suggest now is that I connect an analogfax to an ATA and redirect the fax-numbers to that extension?

Why doesn't it work like written above. Thanks in advance.

I can't call directly to Zoiper because than it's automatically using Ulaw (shows up in the screen of Zoiper).

We have a fax installed on a PSTN-line. That's working 100%.

The problem is that we have 6 phonenumbers that are fax-numbers. The are migrated also when migrated the normal voice-numbers to SIP.

In the SIP-trunk we now want this fax-numbers to be received by Zoiper or any other solution that will work.

What you suggest now is that I connect an analogfax to an ATA and redirect the fax-numbers to that extension?

Why doesn't it work like written above. Thanks in advance.

Oh, maybe you don't need to run the call through the AA at all? If you can route the call based on the DID number, you can send the call directly to the Zoiper or a analog ATA. That is absolutely no problem. No need to detect a FAX tone! And then Zopier can also negotiate the right codec right from the beginning.

Probably you just have to configure the trunk according to http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Inbound_Calls_on_Trunk, and you are all set.

Oh, maybe you don't need to run the call through the AA at all? If you can route the call based on the DID number, you can send the call directly to the Zoiper or a analog ATA. That is absolutely no problem. No need to detect a FAX tone! And then Zopier can also negotiate the right codec right from the beginning.

Probably you just have to configure the trunk according to http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Inbound_Calls_on_Trunk, and you are all set.

Yes I think I need to detect or passthrough a faxtone. If I make a trunk directly go to the extension where Zoiper is, Zoiper accepts the call als Ulaw. (voice).

The call is than initiated with an analog faxmachine. Thereby I think it´s not detecting CNG. (true?)

Or I need to find a way zoiper will automatically answer this call, and preferable in faxmode. I will read the docs in Zoiper again carefully to enable automated answering.

if you have any suggestion, feel free to post here.

Thanks.

Or I need to find a way zoiper will automatically answer this call, and preferable in faxmode. I will read the docs in Zoiper again carefully to enable automated answering.

Oh yea, that would be very important. It must pick up, otherwise it would be pointless sending the call there. But I don't know Zopier in that detail.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...