Jump to content

Fixing a corrupt configuration


Art King
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are in trouble. Our formerly stable pbxnsip configuration is now giving us grief.

 

We are running 2.1.12.2489 (Win32) with about 30 active extensions using snom 360 and 300 phones. Trunking is a T1 via an AudioCodes TP-260.

 

Last week we opened the web interface to add a new extension. The new extension grabbed the Alias and settings of an existing extension. We then deleted the new extension, and the existing one and attempted to re-create them both. This time two other existing extensions were corrupted. The more changes we made, the more unexpected results showed up. Finally we gave up and did a complete restore from the previous night's backup of the pbx folder. Things were then stable again, and we didn't try to make any changes that day.

 

Yesterday I created a new Trunk and Dial Plan for testing. A few minutes later we noticed that one person's phone wasn't working, and when we looked at the Account list, his extension had disappeared. We again did a complete restore from backup and restart.

 

At this point, we are afraid to make any changes via the web interface, for fear of other unexpected results.

 

I have a backup "pbx.tar" file that I can sent if that would help someone debug this problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are in trouble. Our formerly stable pbxnsip configuration is now giving us grief.

 

We are running 2.1.12.2489 (Win32) with about 30 active extensions using snom 360 and 300 phones. Trunking is a T1 via an AudioCodes TP-260.

 

Last week we opened the web interface to add a new extension. The new extension grabbed the Alias and settings of an existing extension. We then deleted the new extension, and the existing one and attempted to re-create them both. This time two other existing extensions were corrupted. The more changes we made, the more unexpected results showed up. Finally we gave up and did a complete restore from the previous night's backup of the pbx folder. Things were then stable again, and we didn't try to make any changes that day.

 

Yesterday I created a new Trunk and Dial Plan for testing. A few minutes later we noticed that one person's phone wasn't working, and when we looked at the Account list, his extension had disappeared. We again did a complete restore from backup and restart.

 

At this point, we are afraid to make any changes via the web interface, for fear of other unexpected results.

 

I have a backup "pbx.tar" file that I can sent if that would help someone debug this problem.

 

Backup, backup, backup. Okay, that is clear.

 

A restart does some sanity checking. But does not repair, it just deletes inconsistent accounts and relations.

 

Fixing would require editing the files, especially in the users and user_alias directory. In the end it is a relational database, and probably some pointers got out of sync.

 

Maybe send a email to support@pbxnsip.com to see ifwe can help you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...