Monitoring SIP trunks.

brundle

We had an issue recently with our SIP trunk provider where some "routing" on their end caused us to lose all inbound/outbound call abilities. I don't know if the trunk was connected or not - but our DIDs did not make it to the PBX from the outside world and we could not call out.

I need to find a way to monitor for this. Has anyone setup monitoring for various SIP trunk issues like this - trunk connectivity and DID routing?

I would rather be notified by our monitoring system or some other kind of script than have users tell me that their calls dropped or they cannot call out or in. In addition our monitoring system could monitor uptime so I have ammo when pursuing SLA payouts.

We had an issue recently with our SIP trunk provider where some "routing" on their end caused us to lose all inbound/outbound call abilities. I don't know if the trunk was connected or not - but our DIDs did not make it to the PBX from the outside world and we could not call out.

I need to find a way to monitor for this. Has anyone setup monitoring for various SIP trunk issues like this - trunk connectivity and DID routing?

I would rather be notified by our monitoring system or some other kind of script than have users tell me that their calls dropped or they cannot call out or in. In addition our monitoring system could monitor uptime so I have ammo when pursuing SLA payouts.

You can let the PBX send out an email when the trunk registration status changes. This way we reminded our ITSP that the service was not available for five minutes at 3 AM... Pretty impressive.