SNOM - setting up lines

Mads Mortensen

any one who can help me how to set-up lines (NOT CO-LINES) , but matching LINE setting from the Snom to the pbxnsip button.

I know how to do it directly on the SNOM phone, but who do I make it work with auto-provisionering of the buttons.

Well, definitevely check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Snom and http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Assigning_Buttons.

You can select "shared line", but IMHO that is legacy from old key system times and you never get customers happy because their old 1976 system works in a silightly different way... Better "upgrade" them to a PBX functionality and use private lines (managed by the phones) and park orbits instead. Then you can also deal better with a mix of phones that have only two lines and others that have much more.

Well, definitevely check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Snom and http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Assigning_Buttons.

You can select "shared line", but IMHO that is legacy from old key system times and you never get customers happy because their old 1976 system works in a silightly different way... Better "upgrade" them to a PBX functionality and use private lines (managed by the phones) and park orbits instead. Then you can also deal better with a mix of phones that have only two lines and others that have much more.

Thanks,

I have tried this, but can not make it work.

When using "private lines" the LED do not light when used, and I can not place people on hold, just by pressing the line.

I have tried this, but can not make it work.

When using "private lines" the LED do not light when used, and I can not place people on hold, just by pressing the line.

What do you have setup on the phones for fkeys? Maybe there is still something from the last plug and play operation. In doubt, just iron the phone (factory reset) and give it another shot.

What do you have setup on the phones for fkeys? Maybe there is still something from the last plug and play operation. In doubt, just iron the phone (factory reset) and give it another shot.

There is nothing reg. on the f-key on the SNOM phone.

Have tried with factory re-set; Did not help.... (??)

There is nothing reg. on the f-key on the SNOM phone.

Have tried with factory re-set; Did not help.... (??)

Okay, did you:

• create a button profile with the park key assigned (e.g. key number 7 assigned as park with parameter 650 for park orbit 650)
  • assign it to a specific extension (registration tab of the extension)
  • Make sure that the MAC of the phone is associated with the extension (registration tab of the extension)
  • reboot the device

Then you should see in the phone the fkeys set to button (at least the button number 7).

Okay, did you:

• create a button profile with the park key assigned (e.g. key number 7 assigned as park with parameter 650 for park orbit 650)
  • assign it to a specific extension (registration tab of the extension)
  • Make sure that the MAC of the phone is associated with the extension (registration tab of the extension)
  • reboot the device

Then you should see in the phone the fkeys set to button (at least the button number 7).

Hi,

Tried all above.

I have tried to re-start the PBXnSIP service (no luck) but after a re-start of the whole server - it all works perfect :)