DND problems

Mads Mortensen

Hi,

we have a customer, where 5 users in an agent group receive calls.

Sometimes a user can receive e.g. 4 calls, and suddenly the phone goes on DND.

But the DND is not showed on the SNOM phone.

Only in the web-interface we can see that it is on DND.

First I did not belive the customer, so I took two phones back yo the office, and started to test .

I made 3 calls to the agent group. Worked. The phones rang and was not on DND.

Then hour later I tried again, and suddenly the one phone was on DND - but again, I could only see the DND on the web-interface. Not on the phone.

What can be wrong??

we have a customer, where 5 users in an agent group receive calls.

Sometimes a user can receive e.g. 4 calls, and suddenly the phone goes on DND.

But the DND is not showed on the SNOM phone.

Only in the web-interface we can see that it is on DND.

First I did not belive the customer, so I took two phones back yo the office, and started to test .

I made 3 calls to the agent group. Worked. The phones rang and was not on DND.

Then hour later I tried again, and suddenly the one phone was on DND - but again, I could only see the DND on the web-interface. Not on the phone.

What can be wrong??

So the phone believes it is on DND? What version? Make sure that you are running 7.1.33.

There are two ways of dealing with this. The first is to reprogram the DND button as speed dial, use the same code for DND on and DND off and put that code behind the speed dial.

The second is to use the buttons and assign the DND "button" as DND. Then it should work similar to the speed dial, but also show the DND symbol on the screen.

Hi,

not the phone.

the PBX thinks it DND.

I have tested without a SNOM phone, just using a SOFTPHONE.

And the problem is the same.

Suddenly the PBX just make the ext. DND

So I do not think phone is the problem....

You you see DND set on the PBX??? That would be very strange. Does the phone accidentially send a call to the PBX and set it to DND? You should be able to see than in the call log. Also, the PBX can send an email when the DND status changes.

What to do - what can I have done wrong????

Maybe there is a speed dial somewhere for DND.

I would turn sending emails for status change on, then the user will get an email when the status changes. The user will tell you what he did in order to get this email ("I did nothing, just press this button").

Maybe there is a speed dial somewhere for DND.

I would turn sending emails for status change on, then the user will get an email when the status changes. The user will tell you what he did in order to get this email ("I did nothing, just press this button").

I do not see how this will help, as I have two phones standing, not beeing used, and just by looking via the web-interface I can see they change status.....

I do not see how this will help, as I have two phones standing, not beeing used, and just by looking via the web-interface I can see they change status.....

You see the DND status in the web interface changing without someone touching the phone? Do they have a good password set for the web interface? Maybe someone has some fun teasing you? Or can you trace the SIP traffic to the registered phones? Maybe they get bored and start calling the PBX when they are idling...

There is no little genie in the PBX that does things like that...

You see the DND status in the web interface changing without someone touching the phone? Do they have a good password set for the web interface? Maybe someone has some fun teasing you? Or can you trace the SIP traffic to the registered phones? Maybe they get bored and start calling the PBX when they are idling...

There is no little genie in the PBX that does things like that...

We have tried everything.

The problem ONLY shows on ext. there are in an agent group.

The PW are very secure - and, nope, no one is teasing.

The second the ext. are moved from the agent group into a hunt group, the problem no longer excist.

We have tried everything.

The problem ONLY shows on ext. there are in an agent group.

The PW are very secure - and, nope, no one is teasing.

The second the ext. are moved from the agent group into a hunt group, the problem no longer excist.

Okay, what version are you on the PBX? Where exactly do you see that the extension is on DND in the web interface? Did you ever hit the save button on the DND web page?

Okay, what version are you on the PBX? Where exactly do you see that the extension is on DND in the web interface? Did you ever hit the save button on the DND web page?

I am running 2.1.14.2498

Yes - when I have turned off the DND I have hit "save"

I see the DND status under "accounts" "Redirection for Extension"