DHCP Loop

John Reinert

I recently updated my CS410 to the latest release 3.0.0.2992 hoping to solve a one-way audio issue with my snom3xx phones. Now as each of the snom3xx phones rebood that enter a loop "Sending DHCP requests..." DHCP is disabled on the CS410 and DHCP is supplied by the network router. I guess that solved the one-way audio problems for now by basically turning the phones into paper weights.

If I press the settings button on the phone it will boot up into the phone application without an IP address. Then when I clear the settings the phone reboots and gets an IP number. Then, it looks like the phone recognises new software and reboots again. This time it will re-enter the DHCP loop.

Any ideas?

I recently updated my CS410 to the latest release 3.0.0.2992 hoping to solve a one-way audio issue with my snom3xx phones. Now as each of the snom3xx phones rebood that enter a loop "Sending DHCP requests..." DHCP is disabled on the CS410 and DHCP is supplied by the network router. I guess that solved the one-way audio problems for now by basically turning the phones into paper weights.

If I press the settings button on the phone it will boot up into the phone application without an IP address. Then when I clear the settings the phone reboots and gets an IP number. Then, it looks like the phone recognises new software and reboots again. This time it will re-enter the DHCP loop.

I would run Wireshark in the network to figure out what is going on there. If you have port mirroring on your switch considering using that to see what the phone specifically is doing.

In general, having two DHCP servers in the network should not cause such a problem - this would cause different problems.