IVR forwarding

CarlH

• 2 months later...

I would like to use this functionality, however, I would like it to still forward to the hunt group even if there is no audio file recorded. For example, in a school setting. The IVR node would always be called as the auto-attendant. If a message is recorded, it will play (for example, school is closed today due to snow) and then go to the auto-attendant. If there is no message recorded, it will simply follow the direction (!E!70) and go to the auto-attendant.

Currently, nothing happens when dialing an IVR node with no recording.

I am afraid "!E!100!" is also no the right answer for those people........

I would recommend using the auto attendant. The IVR node is really something advanced. If there is something missing in the auto attendant to make that possible lets think more in this direction.

Okay, then I propose a feature that will place a recorded message before the auto-attendant message is played. It would be nice if the message can be recorded or deleted by calling into the auto-attendant. If the message is recorded, it is played before the auto-attendant. If no message is recorded (or the last recording was deleted), the call will go straight to the auto-attendant recording.

Suggestion to Jordan;

You might want to use the Auto Attendant and set the redirection timeout value to the recorded message length or more and redirect the caller to where ever you want (the Hunt Group or the IVR node) when the Auto Attendant times out. Would this solve your problem?

Okay, then I propose a feature that will place a recorded message before the auto-attendant message is played. It would be nice if the message can be recorded or deleted by calling into the auto-attendant. If the message is recorded, it is played before the auto-attendant. If no message is recorded (or the last recording was deleted), the call will go straight to the auto-attendant recording.

Suggestion to Jordan;

You might want to use the Auto Attendant and set the redirection timeout value to the recorded message length or more and redirect the caller to where ever you want (the Hunt Group or the IVR node) when the Auto Attendant times out. Would this solve your problem?

That really doesn't make things any simpler. I'd rather stick to recording blank noise on the IVR node.