Individual CO Lines

jasch

How can I configure the CS410 to treat CO lines individually. I mean, for example: Extension 1, only dials out using Line #1. Extension 2 only dials out using Line #2.

You can tell the PSTN gateway what line to use for an outbound call by using the line parameter. For example, when dialling sip:9787462777@1.1.1.1:5060;line=2 the PSTN gateway will use line 2.

Now, in order to use this feature, you need to put that into the replacement part of the dial plan. For example, replacement sip:\1@\r;line=2.

And in order to assign that to a specific user, you need to have a dial plan for every "exception" of the standard dial plan. If you have four users and they should have their own exclusive line, then you need to have four dial plans.

You can tell the PSTN gateway what line to use for an outbound call by using the line parameter. For example, when dialling sip:9787462777@1.1.1.1:5060;line=2 the PSTN gateway will use line 2.

Now, in order to use this feature, you need to put that into the replacement part of the dial plan. For example, replacement sip:\1@\r;line=2.

And in order to assign that to a specific user, you need to have a dial plan for every "exception" of the standard dial plan. If you have four users and they should have their own exclusive line, then you need to have four dial plans.

Bear with me a little longer please.

If I have this configured:

Pattern:

2*

Replacement:

2*

What should I put instead in Replacement?

sip:\1@\r;line=2

Thank you.

In that case "sip:2\1@\r;line=2" would be a good replacement (if you want to keep the "2" in the beginning).

Works great. Now how can I make the inverse?

Have calls that come in Line 1, ring Extension 100

Have calls that come in Line 2, ring Extension 200

etc

Thank you.

Works great. Now how can I make the inverse?

Have calls that come in Line 1, ring Extension 100

Have calls that come in Line 2, ring Extension 200

etc

For that you need to set the DID numbers on the PSTN gateway and assign those numbers as alias to extension 100, 200. This will work if you leave the "Send call to extension" field is empty in the trunk. You should then assign all DID numbers to extensions or other accounts, so that all calls get routed somewhere.

• 3 months later...
For that you need to set the DID numbers on the PSTN gateway and assign those numbers as alias to extension 100, 200. This will work if you leave the "Send call to extension" field is empty in the trunk. You should then assign all DID numbers to extensions or other accounts, so that all calls get routed somewhere.

The new CS-410 does not have the DID setting.

What would be the new method?

I would like CO1 and CO2 to go to Hunt Group 111 and CO3 and CO4 to go to Hunt Group 222.

Thanks...