OCS and Exchange UM Voicemail

Coen

I've succesfully installed a test-setup which contains pbxnsip, ocs 2007 and exchange 2007.

The guide (http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_Communications_Server) was very usefull.

I'm able to call from one pbxnsip extension to another pbxnsip extension. The call will also be forked to the ocs extension.

Now I like to use Exchange UM as the voicemail system. But when I call a extension and let it ring I won't get Exchange 2007 as a voicemail system.

Exchange UM voicemail works when I call from communicator to a ocs extension.

Is there anybody how can help me?

Greets,

Coen

I've succesfully installed a test-setup which contains pbxnsip, ocs 2007 and exchange 2007.

The guide (http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_Communications_Server) was very usefull.

I'm able to call from one pbxnsip extension to another pbxnsip extension. The call will also be forked to the ocs extension.

Now I like to use Exchange UM as the voicemail system. But when I call a extension and let it ring I won't get Exchange 2007 as a voicemail system.

Exchange UM voicemail works when I call from communicator to a ocs extension.

What did you put into the domain setting "External Voicemail System"?

Hi Coen,

I am glad to see, my guide helped you. :)

I guess you followed the technet guide: Configure Exchange UM to Work with Communications Server using Exchange SP1, the powershell script Exchucutil.ps1 @ExUM and the Exchange UM Integration Utility @OCS. Right?

If so, you have complete different situation, cause now the Voicemail (Exchange) system is behind OCS from the pbxnsip perspective. It is not a good idea to try an additional direct integration to Exchange UM Server! Please dont change the "External Voicemail System" settings.

Please configure your accounts in pbxnsip Mailbox Setting "Mailbox Enabled:" to "No" and then try again.

With OCS and ExchangeUM integration in place your users get full control on VoiceMail Timeouts / Forwarding settings etc.

Best regards,

Jan

Hi Coen,

I am glad to see, my guide helped you. :(

I guess you followed the technet guide: Configure Exchange UM to Work with Communications Server using Exchange SP1, the powershell script Exchucutil.ps1 @ExUM and the Exchange UM Integration Utility @OCS. Right?

If so, you have complete different situation, cause now the Voicemail (Exchange) system is behind OCS from the pbxnsip perspective. It is not a good idea to try an additional direct integration to Exchange UM Server! Please dont change the "External Voicemail System" settings.

Please configure your accounts in pbxnsip Mailbox Setting "Mailbox Enabled:" to "No" and then try again.

With OCS and ExchangeUM integration in place your users get full control on VoiceMail Timeouts / Forwarding settings etc.

Best regards,

Jan

Thanks for all the tips. I finally got my UM voicemail intergration working.

I did follow the "Configure Exchange UM to Work with Communications Server" guide, but there where some issues.

After some reading I did found out that my UM dialplan didn't matched the location profile name. After fixing the names and running the "OcsUMUtil.exe" util again, the integration was succesfull.

In PBXnSIP I changed the mailbox setting "Mailbox Enabled:" to "No", now everything works! :)

Greetings,

Coen