Shared Mailbox Access

netpro78

We are using a shared mailbox for people leaving orders, the problem is that we have the option to "Make messages available in the following mailboxes" set to multiple people, and the issue is that sometimes 2 people listen to the same message at the same time, and then duplicate orders are created.  Is there a way to limit it so only one person can listen to the message at a time?

We are using the linking option, and the problem is that while a person is listening to a message, a second person can as well creating a duplicate order.  It would greatly improve the process if the PBX would immediately remove the new message marker as soon as the first person starts listening so that the second person is presented with a different message.

Whow you have a very proactive team there! Marking it at the beginning of the read out would only solve half of the problem - the calculation if the message is available is done the voice rendering is started with the introduction prompts. Marking it already there would be IMHO too early because there is really a chance that the message will not be delivered. Is there anything that can be done there on the organizational side?

We have attempted to train them to do an immediate move into their personal mailbox, however the followthrough is not very good.  If there was a way to have the system automatically move into the listener's personal mailbox as soon as they start listening, that could be another workaround.

Well but we have to do things in a way that works properly. If we mark the message as read at the beginning of the readout, there are still other people in the team that have already pressed the button and will (unless they pay attention to the message light on their phone) hear the message as well. Therefore I don't think we should code that as a proper solution. 

Maybe what you need is that only one person can listen to the message - the first one who listens does not only mark it as read, it actually moves the whole message into the listeners mailbox.

I now potentially have a second reason to upgrade to this version to get this new feature.  I have been starting to get complaints of missing messages.  I turned on recording to track them down.  The call recording confirms the messages are being left, however they are not getting them.  I dug through the logfile to find that after the recording was complete it stated:

[5] 20180831215020: Voicemail from  to  too short, discarding it
[5] 20180831215020: Voice mail message 65162 may be too short, not sending MWI

this was despite the voicemail system at the domain level was set to not have a minimum recording duration.

I just wanted to make sure that this issue had been addressed post 56.1 Win 64 to make sure I will not be doing 2 upgrades back to back.

Many people hang up after hearing the beep tone. So yes technically they left a voicemail, but it would be very annoying if the PBX sends the message out with just the "click" in it. The duration is actually not hard coded, it is in a domain setting called "mb_min_dur" so you can adjust that if you think it cuts off too early.

I have had the mb_min_dur value set to 2 seconds, and the person left a 90 second voicemail, and the logfile still showed:

[5] 20180831215020: Voicemail from  to  too short, discarding it
[5] 20180831215020: Voice mail message 65162 may be too short, not sending MWI

I am wondering if this was a random problem that was happening back in 56.1 that may have since been fixed  The mailbox is very busy, so it may only happen 1 out of 100 voicemails.