Domain redirection (Call redirection) - Via Star Code ?

Scott1234

Hi Team,

Did a search but could not see any discussion.

I don't see any doco on the "Call redirection" setting under domain settings yet.

I am wanting to know if there is a hidden star code not yet published where the user can dial it to set the forward destination for the whole domain like with the *80+hunt/agentgroup option. 

On 10/14/2019 at 9:48 PM, Vodia PBX said:

My thinking would be around using an auto attendant that can distribute incoming calls where we can control the redirection with a star code (aka winter storm redirection). But what is the use case here? 

I would have thought agent group vs auto attendant to distribute would be good but the issue is it needs to be super simple for the end use, the request mainly comes from small business so it's not large call flow volume. 

The use case here is super simple, example being. 

Office is closed for x-mas party etc, admin staff want an easy way (Star Code) to re-direct all incoming calls to the Domain i.e user DID's + main business lines to a specified exit point that might only be known on the day/hrs before so manual input would work best. That way they don't have to rely on the staff forwarding their phones.

It would be nice for it to use the agent group type feature set as its base of operation to take advantage of call queueing with multiple exit points if desired and the press 1 to connect option for agent exit point hunting. Most times these would be mobile exit points so you don't want mobile voice mail to answer the call.

But for it to work like that it would need to be simple i.e,

starcode -> domain redirection menu -> input destination/s -> set on/off/clear etc.

Which would intern login a virtual extension to a virtual agent group with basic settings as mentioned above. 

My thinkings