MWI message waiting indicator clears on its own after upgrade to 3.0.1.3023

brundle

After the upgrade to version 3.0.1.3023 we have been noticing our Linksys SPA942 phones have started having their MWI light randomly cleared somehow on their own without the user first checking the voicemail. With out the indicator on users are not notcing the voice mails they have because they cant see a reminder on their phone.

We tried resetting the phones and the PBX server but it has not resolved the issue.

After the upgrade to version 3.0.1.3023 we have been noticing our Linksys SPA942 phones have started having their MWI light randomly cleared somehow on their own without the user first checking the voicemail. With out the indicator on users are not notcing the voice mails they have because they cant see a reminder on their phone.

We tried resetting the phones and the PBX server but it has not resolved the issue.

Hmm. That seems to be a problem only for the SPA942; other phones don't have that problem, right? Any chance to get more insight? Maybe you can the "Log Watch List (IP)" in the Logging to the IP of the phone and monitor the traffic. Does the counter change or the "Messages-Waiting" (yes/no)?

UPDATE:

It looks now like the MWI is cleared because the phones are resetting. Ever since the update to 3.0 the phones have been having frequent resets. I have not noticed it on my phoneset - although other users see as many as 25 resets a day.

I tried the latest firmware on the phones but the resets keep happening.

Could there be some change from 2.x to 3.0 that requires a tweak in settings on the SPA-942 phones?

-b

UPDATE:

It looks now like the MWI is cleared because the phones are resetting. Ever since the update to 3.0 the phones have been having frequent resets. I have not noticed it on my phoneset - although other users see as many as 25 resets a day.

I tried the latest firmware on the phones but the resets keep happening.

Could there be some change from 2.x to 3.0 that requires a tweak in settings on the SPA-942 phones?

You mean "reset" like in "reboot, crash"? Does this happen out of the blue? Or is there a specific event, like an incoming phone call? Maybe it is just re-retching the configuration and for some reason thinks that it changed (which causes a reboot on the SPA devices).

It seems to be more of a reset of the phone - a really quick reboot. They seem to be random and not based on any noticeable events. I even did a factory reset on some to see if it would help - but no change.

Is it really related to the MWI? Maybe it is something stupid like instable power? Kind of hard to believe SPA reboots on MWI events...