Blacklist block settings

Vernon

Hello,

I was just wondering how the automatic blacklist operates on the latest version.

I've had odd results in the testing environment. I have two test extensions i use to configure phones either through provisioning or manually to test features.

Every now and then i may get the SIP password wrong and then i spend 20 minutes troubleshooting the phone trying to figure out why it won't provision, only to find out that it's been black listed, likely due to the wrong SIP password entry.

The other test phone works fine since the blacklist seems to block individual ports and creates a listing for the extension and domain it was created so it's easy to find. I just want to understand the logic behind the extreme effectiveness of the blacklist. Just to provide an example i'm able to loop a phone into a provisioning cycle where i can force the PBX to regenerate the same config file 10,000 times and there's nothing in place that stops this.

Is there a way to increase the amount of failed registrations attempts the PBX can accept before it ultimately blacklists the IP/device?

Thank you

2 hours ago, Vernon said:

Just to provide an example i'm able to loop a phone into a provisioning cycle where i can force the PBX to regenerate the same config file 10,000 times and there's nothing in place that stops this

You may have whitelisted that IP where the phone resides, and hence PBX might be letting it through.

If it sees a request from an IP which is not associated with the system it will try to block it.

Does this page below help?

2.png